Disney Cruise Line and Its Ports of Call LIVE! Guidebook

PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line LIVE! Guidebook
 Bookmark this Page for Later:   (view all your bookmarks)
     Basic Bookmark    To Do    Reserve    Call    Check    Ask      None  

Thanks for previewing PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line and Its Ports of Call guidebook ...
Subscribe Now to View the Full LIVE Edition!

PassPorter's LIVE Edition is always up-to-date and is filled with helpful trip planning tools that help you decide where to stay, what to do, and where to eat! Searching the entire book is fast and easy! Save and sort bookmarks, mark favorite attractions and eateries by traveler, add personal notes that integrate with your guide, and plan the perfect trip!

The mobile guidebook, trip-planner, list-maker, and memory-maker!




You must be logged in to save a personal note.
 Flag this Topic for Later:   (view all your topic flags)
     Basic Flag    To Do    Reserve    Call    Check    Ask      None  
You must be logged in to flag this topic.

Do you need a passport? Despite the controversial regulations that went into effect in 2008, the answer is still, “maybe.” While the answer is “yes” for nearly all air, land, and sea entry into the U.S., the regulations carved out a  “closed-loop itinerary” exception for cruise travelers. Regardless of what documents you choose, you will be denied boarding if your documentation is inadequate—triple-check before you leave home!

For the foreseeable future, adult U.S. citizen cruise ship passengers departing from and returning to the same U.S. port can present government-issued photo ID plus a certified birth certificate (with a raised seal or multiple colors) to re-enter the country. Be sure to bring original or official documents; photocopies may not be accepted. Children 16 and under only need birth certificates or other proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card. This applies, for example, to all Disney cruises that depart from and return to Port Canaveral, Miami, Galveston, San Diego, and New York. It would not apply to repositioning itineraries, since the cruise ends in a different port, and any cruise that begins and/or ends in a non-U.S. port. Other valid identity documents for a closed-loop itinerary would (of course) include a conventional passport “book,” the Passport Card, a valid Trusted Traveler card (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST), and the Enhanced Driver’s Licenses issued by some states (see below). Note: As of January 22, 2018, some states' driver’s licenses may not be valid for domestic air travel or re-entry to the U.S. Be sure to check your state’s status well before you travel at http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief

Despite this, we strongly encourage you to have a full passport book, and Disney Cruise Line “strongly encourages Guests of all ages have a valid U.S. passport for all cruises." Photo ID-plus-birth certificate, Passport Cards, and Enhanced Drivers Licenses cannot be used for re-entry by air (for example, if you must cut your cruise short in an emergency and return home by air), or for international travel outside North America and the Caribbean. If you choose to spend any money on a passport, you’ll have the maximum flexibility for future travel by paying the higher price for a passport book, since Passport Cards can’t be used for international air travel. Why apply and pay twice?

Compliant Travel Documents—These are the main accepted travel documents for U.S. citizens entering the U.S. by land or sea:

U.S. Passport Book—This is the traditional passport booklet, available by filling out an application. See our information on applying for a passport on the next page.

U.S. Passport Card—The highly touted Passport Card (a credit card-sized alternate passport) is only valid for land and sea travel between the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. It is not valid for air travel or for other destinations. The PASS Card is cheaper than a passport, but its limited use makes it a false economy. If you feel it meets your needs, get details at http://travel.state.gov.

Trusted Travelers Card—A valid Trusted Traveler Card such as NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST. See http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs for details.

Enhanced Driver’s License—Some states offer an “Enhanced Driver’s License” that is the legal equivalent of a Passport Card. We expect that most border states will offer it, and currently Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont, and Washington State offer them. Check with your state for details.

Disney Cruise Line asks that all guests with passports supply their passport numbers at least 75 days prior to departure. If you have applied for passports but fear you may not receive them in time, discuss the situation with a Disney Cruise Line representative prior to the 75-day deadline.

You must be logged in to save a personal note.
 Flag this Topic for Later:   (view all your topic flags)
     Basic Flag    To Do    Reserve    Call    Check    Ask      None  
You must be logged in to flag this topic.

Top Photo Slice: (℗ 53260) Photo contributed by © Jennifer Marx


    • Ramble29 on 11/28/2018 at 12:58:31 pm EST says:

      RE: Have Your Passports Ready

      Check on requirements for Ransom

    You are viewing page 66, which is section 28 of chapter 2 of PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line guidebook.
    Previous Page | Next Page


    PassPorter ~ 1998-2017 ~ 19 Years of Making Dreams Come True!
    Publishers of bestselling travel guidebooks and proud recipients of 13 national book awards
    Questions? Check our Site Map and visit our Help Desk to learn how to contact us online and by e-mail.
    Please feel free to link to this page so that other vacationers can find it.

    PassPorter in the News