Jennifer and Dave's Disney Adventure Report

Dates: 10/18 - 10/27, 1999 (10 day trip)


  • Jennifer Watson (author): 31 year old, writer and co-author of PassPorter Walt Disney World, on her umpteenth trip to Disney (from Ann Arbor, MI)
  • Dave Marx: 44 year old, writer and co-author of PassPorter Walt Disney World, on his 10th (or is it 11th?) trip to Disney (from Hackensack, NJ and Ann Arbor, MI)
  • Evans: online friend who we used to work with on AOL; Disney vacation veteran (joining us for the first three days)
  • Liz: friend of Evans; never been to Disney before (also joining us for the first three days)
Updated 11/21/03

Copyright 1999-2006
PassPorter Travel Press, an imprint of MediaMarx, Inc.

Questions? Problems? E-Mail Us!

  Our Second Day: Tuesday, October 19, 1999

Today started slowly, thanks in part to our time spent at Pleasure Island and in part to the fact that we were still recuperating from our journey. Since Dave is better at getting up and going in the morning than Jennifer, he decided to head over to Epcot to check out Innoventions in detail. Jennifer stayed in the room to do work. Around 1:00 pm, the fire alarm came on...and on...and on. It turned out to be a test of the emergency system, but loud nonetheless. Oh, and a look around for the Disney Cruise desk revealed it to be on the first floor of the BoardWalk, tucked away in a corner. Unfortunately, they close at 12 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. So we made a note in our PassPorter to stop by the desk the following day to get details on our cruise transportation.

We met up at 2:00 pm at the Pin Station in front of the fountain at Epcot. After some birthday shopping for Dave's daughter, we walked over to The Land for a spur-of-the-moment lunch at The Garden Grill. We had no priority seating arrangements, but didn't need any either (the restaurant was fairly slow at 3 pm).

After lunch we looked for our tile in the Leave a Legacy sculpture garden. We found it on the first sculpture on the right (west) side. To find it, we just asked a cast member, who asked for a last name (there were only two people with the last name Marx in the system at the time). She then wrote the address of the tile on a small form and gave it to us.

We took a brief tour of Innoventions (East and West) and visited a couple of exhibits Dave had missed earlier in the day. Jennifer particularly liked the House of Innoventions (in Innoventions East). The jacuzzi/shower/TV/DVD player is to die for!

Soon it was time to get to Magic Kingdom for E-Night. Upon arrival, we discovered a long line of people waiting to get turn in their E-Night pass for a wristband. We bypassed this line and walked to the Tomorrowland Arcade, where we were able to get our wristband without standing in line at all. We then met up with Evans and Liz, and together we visited each of the nine attractions (with the exception of Country Bear Jamboree, Astro Orbiter, and Splash Mountain). We saw several twice or three times, and the wait was negligible on all. It was well worth the $10!

While Dave, Evans, and Liz were riding Space Mountain, Jennifer called her sister who is arriving tomorrow to join us on the cruise. Chad, Kim's husband, informed her of Hurricane Jose. This was the first we'd heard of it! We're a bit concerned -- we'll have to watch the weather closely.

Dinner was at Palio in the Swan, which was delicious. Our server, Matsi, was attentive and enjoyable. It turns out he also works at the Brown Derby, where we're lunching tomorrow.

It's now 2:30 and the morning is coming soon. Enough for now... talk to you again tomorrow before we get on the cruise!

From our PassPorter:

The weather on our second day was warm and sunny, with a few scattered clouds.

The best thing about our second day was E-Night at the Magic Kingdom, and the opportunity it afforded to visit attractions without long waits.

The worst thing about our second day was was missing Evans and Liz at the end of the evening at the Magic Kingdom and having to take separate buses, not sure if the other was doing ok.

The most interesting thing about our second day the fire alarm going off at the resort.

The most rewarding thing about our second day the wonderfully, relaxing bathtub waiting for us back in the one-bedroom villa at BoardWalk.

One word that best describes our second day is AGAI? (as in "do you want to ride that again?).

To learn more, continue on to our Third Day.

Explore Some More


Search the entire site


Home to the top page


Or jump back to the...