||PassPorter's Walt Disney World 2016 Update Description||0||Beginning Spring 2016, two new character experiences are coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Olaf, the hug-loving snow man from "Frozen", will be greeting guests in the Echo Lake district. Mickey and Minnie will be greeting guests in Commissary Lane near Hollywood & Vine. Minnie will be wearing her "red carpet" best and Mickey will be appearing in his "Sorcerer Mickey" garb. | - 2016-02-18 08:02:08 [update] |10||From our friends at AllEars.Net: "Now through June 5, 2017, Florida residents can purchase Discover Disney tickets and enjoy 3 days of park fun for just $139, plus tax. Or add a fourth day for just $20 more, plus tax! Valid for admission to one park per day; block-out dates Tickets are valid through June 9th. Only Florida Residents may use the ticket. The cost of the ticket is $139 for a 3-day ticket and $159 for the 4-day ticket offer. The 3-day Park Hopper costs $166.50 and the 4-day Park Hopper costs $193.50. Disney's Animal Kingdom block-out dates are May 27, 2017 - June 9, 2017."| - 2017-01-17 09:01:47 [update] |30||Walt Disney World began accepting reservations for 2017 packages (up to 499 days in advance) on June 21, 2016. Reservations can be made online at disneyworld.com, by calling 407-939-1936, or by contacting your favorite Travel Agent.| - 2016-06-20 09:06:06 [update] |34||For an extra $69 per person ($59 per child, age 3-9), guests can get access to parts of the Magic Kingdom early on select Tuesday and Saturday mornings, beginning April 26, 2016. (These are non-Extra Magic Hour mornings.) The price includes breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus and access to select attractions in Fantasyland - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan's Flight, and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Unlike the "Disney After Dark" event, park admission is required in addition to the fee for the event.| - 2016-04-11 10:04:56 [update] |70||Guests can now arrange private water taxi service for up to 10 people from the Grand Floridian to any other location on the Seven Seas Lagoon. (Private return service from the Magic Kingdom cannot be guaranteed due to the amount of boat traffic at that location.) The boat can accommodate up to 10 people and is $20 each way. Call the recreation desk at the Grand Floridian to reserve - 321-318-8212. | - 2016-11-08 08:11:11 [update] |86||Port Orleans French Quarter has opened a table service restaurant just for the holidays! Scat Cat's Cafe, in the former Bonfamille's location, is now offering All-You-Care-to-Eat Cajun-style cuisine for lunch and dinner. The meal is served family style and features Cajun flavors such as Andouille Sausage, Maque Choux, vegetable Jambalaya, and more. The price is $25.99 per adult, $14.99 per child (ages 3-9). | - 2015-12-21 10:12:59 [update] |86||The Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory will be closing on July 11, 2016 for an extended refurbishment. It will re-open in "early Fall." A temporary location in the lobby will be available, offering favorite items such as jambalaya, gumbo, po-boy sandwiches, beignets, other hot and cold entrees and a range of grab and go items. The Disney Dining Plan will be accepted at the temporary location. In-room pizza delivery will continue to be available from 4pm to midnight daily. Bus transportation from 7am to midnight will also be available to the nearby Mill Food Court and Boatwright's Dining Hall at the Riverside.| - 2016-06-16 07:06:44 [update] |120||As of April 10, 2016, guests will notice significant changes to the FastPass+ system at Walt Disney World.|
- Guests will now be able to choose individual FastPass+ experiences and times, and will no longer need to make all selections for the same day at the same time.
- While guests will continue to be able to select up to three experiences in advance, they now will be able to book fewer than three selections, if desired.
- In addition, when guests have used their pre-selected FastPass+ , they will now be able to make an additional FastPass+ selection via the My Disney Experience mobile app, in addition to in-park kiosks.
- 2016-04-11 07:04:02 [update] |120||Walt Disney World Resort guests can now book FastPass+ beginning at 7:00 am eastern, 60 days prior to check in. (Previously the window opened at Midnight, 60 days prior.) | - 2016-05-18 11:05:29 [update] |121||As of December 17, 2015, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and SeaWorld have installed metal detectors at the entrance to all of their theme parks. (Disneyland and Universal Studios in California are also installing the detectors.) At Walt Disney World, as of now, they are using "selective screening" which means that not all guests will be required to go through the detectors. Walt Disney World has also updated their policy on toy guns - no toy guns will be sold in the parks or resorts. Guests over the age of 14 will no longer be allowed to wear costumes in the parks, including to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. There is no official word on whether these changes are permanent.| - 2015-12-17 10:12:08 [update] |122||Effective February 28, 2016, Walt Disney World has implemented a seasonal pricing model for single day admission. The calendar is now divided into Value, Regular, and Peak seasons. The price for Value Dates remains unchanged. Regular season pricing for the Magic Kingdom increases to $110 per person (ages 10+) and the other parks increase to $102 per person (ages 10+). Peak pricing increases to $124 per person (ages 10+) for the Magic Kingdom, and $114 per person (ages 10+) for the other three parks. Prices for multi-day tickets increased as well but multi-day tickets are not subject to seasonal pricing.| - 2016-02-29 10:02:01 [update] |122||Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can purchase 1-day Park Hopper Passes for $79 plus tax each between now and September 30, 2016. Passholders can bring up to six guests each and must be present with a valid pass. Tickets must be used on the day of purchase. | - 2016-08-15 13:08:26 [update] |122||Beginning October 1, 2016, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders now receive a 20% discount off Disney Merchandise, and a 10% discount off food and non-alcoholic beverages at Table Service restaurants and select Counter Service restaurants at Walt Disney World theme parks and resorts. (Excludes Victoria & Albert's, Les Chefs de France, Monsieur Paul, and Teppan Edo.) Annual Passholders who purchase or renew their pass between October 1, 2016 and January 3, 2017, will get a 13-month pass for the price of a 12-month pass.| - 2016-10-03 08:10:24 [update] |122||The new 4 Park Magic Ticket is only $70 per day for a limited time and gives guests one admission to each of the four theme parks on four separate days starting Nov. 15, 2016-May 26, 2017. The 4 Park Magic Ticket is valid for a total of four admissions to the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and can be used to enter each Theme Park only once. Tickets are valid for one day of admission to Magic Kingdom, one day of admission to Epcot, one day of admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom and one day of admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on four separate days and may not be used to enter the same Park more than once. (No park hopping!) Guests can purchase the 4 Park Magic Ticket from Nov. 15, 2016 through March 5, 2017. Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use or by May 26, 2017, and the following block-out dates apply: Dec. 17, 2016 through Jan. 2, 2017 and April 10-21, 2017.| - 2016-11-15 09:11:51 [update] |122||According to multiple sites, on December 21, 2016, Walt Disney World will implement new entrance queues exclusively for Annual Passholders at all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Whether this is a test, a temporary solution for peak holiday season, or a permanent addition remains to be seen.| - 2016-12-20 12:12:05 [update] |124||The new Town Center area of Disney Springs will open on May 15. The new retail locations in the Town Center will also begin to open on May 15, with the majority being open by July 1, 2016. New stores include Kate Spade, Lilly Pulitzer, Pandora, Tommy Bahama, Under Armour, Coca-Cola Store, Trophy Room, Edward Beiner, Lacoste, Sperry, Zara, Sephora, UGG, Vera Bradley, Volcom and others.| - 2016-04-18 10:04:55 [update] |124||Guests who have purchased a park hopper pass now have the option to purchase access to in-park Express Transportation. For $15 per person, per day (or $24 per person for a 7-day pass), guests can board a bus in a backstage area of one theme park that will transport them directly to a backstage area of another theme park - no need to go through security again! Since the boarding areas are all inside the security check points, there is no need to for guests to repeat the security check point process. Express Transportation ticket can be purchased at any ticket booth, resort Guest Services location, or directly from the Express Transportation Check In desk at each park. The Magic Kingdom Express Transportation desk is located near the exit of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, the Epcot location is near the east side of Spaceship Earth, the Hollywood Studios location is in the courtyard in front of Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, and the Animal Kingdom location is near the entrance to Kilimanjaro Safaris.| - 2016-12-12 11:12:49 [update] |126||Guests who visit the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. shop located at the exit from Space Mountain, can now customize MagicBands with their choice of eight colors (yes, including purple!) and over 40 Disney graphics. Guests can also personalize the MagicBands with their names on the outside of the band. The bands are created while you wait. A customized MagicBand is $21.95 plus tax, a personalized MagicBand with the guests's name is $29.95. | - 2015-10-27 10:10:06 [update] |126||Disney continues to expand the function of the MagicBands throughout the parks. Guests disembarking "it's a small world" may now find a personalized good-bye message on video screens as they exit the attraction. And guests who book the "Awaken Summer" promotion for select dates this summer will receive special MagicBands that unlock special sound and lighting features at select touch points through the Walt Disney World Resort. | - 2016-03-15 10:03:58 [update] |126||The My Disney Experience app will now give Walt Disney World guests step by step directions to their location. Guests can search for a restaurant, attraction, or resort in the app and they will see a map with a blue line for their route. Guests can see step by step written directions as well as an estimated time. Guests traveling between the theme parks will be given route options that include boat, monorail, or bus transportation. | - 2016-07-18 11:07:46 [update] |126||Guests ages 3 to 9 years old are now required to scan their fingerprints for admission to Walt Disney World theme parks. The new process helps to cut down on stolen and shared admission. Parents who prefer that their children not have their fingers scanned may use their fingerprints instead. | - 2016-09-06 08:09:12 [update] |126||MagicBand is getting a new look! Guests at the Destination D: D23 event this past weekend got to be the first uses of the new MagicBand 2 - a small "puck" that can be worn in a band, on a key chain, or lanyard. Annual Passholders will be receiving the new MagicBands first, followed by their availability in the parks in December. They will begin shipping to resort guests in 2017. | - 2016-11-21 08:11:50 [update] |132||The "Enchanted Tales with Belle" interactive character meet is no longer offered during evening Extra Magic Hours.| - 2015-12-08 09:12:30 [update] |133||In the new Magic Kingdom show taking place on the Cinderella Castle Stage, “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire,” Mickey and his troupe of Merry Makers "have been preparing to host a joyous festival and have ventured far and wide to invite friends from other lands to join their celebration." Mickey Mouse and his friends will welcome friends from newer Disney films such as "The Princess and The Frog", "Tangled", and "Frozen." | - 2016-02-23 10:02:01 [update] |133||Beginning in October 2016, the Muppets will star in an all-new live show at Magic Kingdom, called “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History.” Sam Eagle, the fiercely patriotic American eagle who is forever trying to set a high moral standard for the Muppets, will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, town crier of Liberty Square, as they gather outside The Hall of Presidents to present historical tales in hysterical Muppets fashion. From the midnight ride of Paul Revere to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Muppets will appear throughout the day to share their own unique take on the founding fathers and the birth of the United States of America. “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History” will be presented multiple times daily and will feature an original song and wacky Muppets humor.| - 2016-07-28 13:07:47 [update] |133||The Main Street Electrical Parade will make its way down Main Street, U.S.A., for the last time on October 9, 2016. The parade will then move to Disneyland for a limited engagement. No replacement has been announced at this time. | - 2016-08-11 07:08:50 [update] |133||The new Muppets show in the Magic Kingdom will officially debut on Sunday, October 2, 2016. "The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History" takes place in, of course, Liberty Square, near the Hall of Presidents attraction. The show varies throughout the day so you will want to circle back and try to catch more than one show! | - 2016-09-27 09:09:11 [update] |133||A new nightly projection show will debut at the Magic Kingdom on November 4, 2016. 'Once Upon a Time', inspired by a similar show from Tokyo Disneyland, uses projection mapping onto Cinderella Castle to tell the bedtime stories told by Mrs. Potts from "Beauty and the Beast." "Once Upon a Time" replaces "Celebrate the Magic", which ends its run on November 3, 2015.| - 2016-10-26 11:10:03 [update] |133||Tiana's Riverboat Party Ice Cream Social & Parade Viewing will make its debut on the Liberty Belle Riverboat at the Magic Kingdom on Nov. 29, 2016. Guests can enjoy hand-dipped ice cream and soft drinks while they visit with Princess Tiana and Naveen. Guests will then board the riverboat to enjoy an incredible birds-eye-view parade viewing for the park's "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" and a cruise around Tom Sawyer's Island. Princess Tiana and Naveen will join the group on the Liberty Belle Riverboat after the parade concludes for photos. Please note during the holiday period Dec. 23-31, 2016, Guests will view the "Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade" instead. The cost is $49 per adult and $29 per child age 9 and under (includes tax). Reservations can be made now by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
| - 2016-11-23 11:11:05 [update] |133||The current "Magic Kingdom Welcome Show" that takes place every morning in front of the train station at the Magic Kingdom is ending on January 8, 2017. Beginning January 9, 2017, guests will be allowed to enter Main Street USA and the Castle Forecourt section prior to the official park opening time. According to the Disney Parks Blog, at park opening, "A Royal Herald will appear to deliver a proclamation and welcome a few familiar characters to the stage, officially opening the park so 'the magic can begin!'" The Walt Disney World Railroad is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment beginning in mid-January. There is no word on whether the new opening ceremony is permanent.| - 2016-12-29 15:12:09 [update] |141||Beginning March 13 through May 30, 2016, the Diamond Horseshoe in the Magic Kingdom will offer "all-you-care-to-eat" dining for lunch and dinner. The meal includes salad and cornbread to start, BBQ pulled turkey, ham or stewed beef with seasonal vegetables for the entree, and your choice of apple tart or Campfire Brownie for dessert. The meal also includes soft drinks, tea, coffee or milk. The cost is $33 plus tax per adult, $19 plus tax per child (ages 3-9). Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE.| - 2016-02-29 10:02:58 [update] |141||The Hall of Presidents will close on January 17, 2017 in order to add the new 45th President of the United States. The attraction will re-open in the Summer of 2017. | - 2016-11-15 10:11:30 [update] |145||Beginning November 24, 2016, Princess Elena of Avalor will greet guests at Princess Fairytale Hall in the Magic Kingdom. FastPass+ reservations for this event are now available in My Disney Experience. | - 2016-10-17 11:10:13 [update] |148||Beginning October 2, 2016, Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom will only be available "seasonally." The attraction will only be available during peak crowd levels.| - 2016-09-26 11:09:41 [update] |149||Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, confirmed plans to update Epcot at the Destination D event this past weekend. Mr. Chapek shared that he has told the Imagineers to "dream big" but still plans to remain true to its original vision. No further details have been released. | - 2016-11-21 08:11:43 [update] |152||Captain Eo at Epcot will end permanently in December 6, 2015. A new 4D experience will be replacing Captain Eo in December - "Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival", featuring three animated shorts.| - 2015-11-17 10:11:11 [update] |157||The 'Sum of All Thrills' (Presented by Raytheon) in Innoventions East is closing on September 14, 2016. 'Storm Struck' (Presented by Flash) is also closing. These closures leave only one attraction remaining in Innoventions East - the Colortopia Experience (Presented by Glidden).| - 2016-08-16 07:08:07 [update] |160||From May 27 through June 15, 2016, guests at both Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort will have one more change to experience the classic "Soarin'" film before the new film premieres on June 17, 2016. FatsPass+ are now available. | - 2016-05-23 10:05:22 [update] |162||More details are emerging about the "Frozen Ever After" ride which is replacing Maelstrom at Epcot. The ride is scheduled to open in "early" 2016 and will utilize the existing Maelstrom boats and flume path with an all-new story line featuring songs from the movie. The characters will use the same technology as the Dwarfs in Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in the Magic Kingdom and Ariel's Undersea Adventures at Disney's California Adventure. | - 2015-11-03 07:11:26 [update] |162||The new "Frozen Ever After" attraction and "Royal Summerhus" with an Anna and Elsa character meet and greet, will open at Epcot on June 21, 2016. The Norway pavilion will open at 9:00 am, along with the Future World section. | - 2016-05-23 10:05:55 [update] |165||Epcot's Japan pavilion got an update last week! The 's Bijutsu-kan Gallery debuted a new exhibit called "Kawaii: Japan's Cute Culture." The new exhibit explores how the country's "culture of cute" has become a way of life in modern Japan. The Japanese word kawaii is rooted in Japan's Shinto past, and is a means of self-expression. The gallery features a replica of a modern Tokyo apartment and historical artifacts that illustrate the origins of kawaii.| - 2015-10-22 17:10:09 [update] |166||The Canadian Lumberjack show in the Canada pavilion at Epcot has ended. The theater will be used for a holiday show until the end of the year and no replacement has been announced. The Lumberjack show replaced "Off Kilter" in October 2014. | - 2015-12-01 09:12:16 [update] |166||TradNation is a five piece ensemble from Quebec, featuring a guitarist, two violinists, a flutist, and a step dancer. They perform traditional "Quebecois" music. Shows are Wednesday through Sunday, through mid-April 2016.| - 2016-01-26 08:01:15 [update] |169||On April 2, 2016, Disney's Hollywood Studios will close multiple attractions. Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show; Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure; a Monsters Inc. meet-and-greet, and the Studio Catering Co. restaurant will all close and the "Earffel" Tower will come down to make room for Star Wars Land. | - 2016-01-15 14:01:19 [update] |169||Kylo Ren, the villain from the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens film, will begin greeting guests at the Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney's Hollywood Studios in February. Storm Troopers and Chewbacca will also be making appearances at the Launch Bay this Winter. | - 2016-01-15 14:01:59 [update] |171||Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios is now available for reservations. Available daily from January 5 to March 19 2016, the dessert party offers up-close viewing of the Star Wars themed Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show, desserts, and specialty drinks (alcohol included). A souvenir stein featuring Chewbacca will also be included. The price is $69.00 per adult (age 10 and over) and $39.00 for children (ages 3 to 9); tax and gratuity are included. Theme park admission is also required. Reservations can be made now online at disneyworld.com.
| - 2015-12-08 09:12:26 [update] |173||New details and concept artwork were unveiled during the Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60" television special. Visitors will have the chance to explore vast marketplaces, enjoy a unique dinner show, pilot the Millenium Falcon, and find themselves in the middle of a tense battle between Stormtroopers and Resistance fighters.| - 2016-02-22 14:02:20 [update] |173||Beginning April 4, 2016, Disney's Hollywood Studios will host a stage show - "Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away" - which will feature popular characters such as Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, and Chewbacca. There will also be a First Order Storm Trooper Procession multiple times per day. Then beginning this summer, Hollywood Studios will also host the evening spectacular "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular" featuring fireworks, a projection show, and more.| - 2016-02-22 14:02:44 [update] |173||Beginning November 14, 2016 through December 31, 2016, Disney's Hollywood Studios will host the nightly "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!" holiday spectacular. Featuring state-of-the-art projections, special effects, lighting and fireworks, this new holiday event is hosted by Wayne and Lanny, the elves from "Prep & Landing." There will also be a Holiday Dessert Party for this event. | - 2016-10-17 11:10:34 [update] |173||Additional dates have been added for the 'Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!' Holiday Dessert Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios. This party features a special character meet and greet (it's a secret!) along with multiple dessert stations, and beer, wine, and cocktails (for guests over 21). Following dessert, guests are escorted to their reserved viewing area for the "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!' projection and fireworks show. Guests will also receive a pair of 3D HoloSpex glasses which will turn any bright lights into holiday holographic illusions such as gingerbread men and candy canes.| - 2016-11-01 09:11:56 [update] |173||With the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story later this month, Disney's Hollywood will be getting even MORE Star Wars offerings! AWR Troopers from Rogue One will be joining the "Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away" show, Star Wars Launch Bay will be getting new Rogue One displays, "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular" will return on December 16 (and will be shown after the "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM" fireworks show). In addition in 2017, the "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party" will return, and a new Star Wars Guided Tour is being introduced. This seven-hour tour will include Star Tours, a chance for young Padawans (ages 4-12) to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple show, a guided tour of the Star Wars Launch Bay, a Star Wars-themed quick service meal, the "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party", and fireworks viewing.| - 2016-12-06 09:12:56 [update] |176||April 2, 2016 is the last day for "Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show", the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure, the Studio Catering Co. and "some" merchandise shops. (For now, the popular "Writer's Stop" cafe has been saved.) These closures will make way for construction on Star Wars Land and Pixar Place to begin. | - 2016-03-29 08:03:30 [update] |177||Beginning December 1, 2015, Star Wars fans will have more to enjoy at Disney's Hollywood Studios! Star Wars Launch Bay will take guests into the Star Wars saga and the upcoming film, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens", with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, special merchandise and opportunities to encounter Chewbacca and Darth Vader. "Star Tours – The Adventures Continue" will be home to a brand new adventure inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. All riders will experience to new adventure at first, but in the future, the ride will revert to the random film experience. Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple will open in early December. This reimagined Jedi Training experience will take younglings to the secret site of an ancient Jedi temple where they will face Darth Vader along with the Seventh Sister – a new villain from the Disney XD series “Star Wars Rebels.”| - 2015-11-09 13:11:22 [update] |177||The "Star Wars Experience" at Disney's Hollywood Studios is now open. A new scene has been added to Star Tours, the Star Wars Launch Bay is open, the "Path of the Jedi" film is now showing in the ABC Sound Studio, and "Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple" is recruiting younglings to fight the Dark Side. | - 2015-12-01 09:12:16 [update] |180||Beginning October 7 through mid-November, guests can catch a preview of the upcoming film, "Dr. Strange" in the One Man's Dream theater at Disney Hollywood Studios. | - 2016-09-20 09:09:56 [update] |181||Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney's Hollywood Studios now has a third ride track. This should lower the wait time for guests, especially during the busy summer season. | - 2016-05-31 13:05:37 [update] |182||Club Disney, a new entertainment venue featuring a DJ and dance party with characters, will open on December 5, 2015, in Sunset Showcase, near Rock n Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The venue will also have a snack bar and charging station for electronic devices.| - 2015-10-12 12:10:12 [update] |183||Animal Kingdom is getting a Signature Dining restaurant in 2016. Tiffins Restaurant will "celebrate the art of traveling" with a diverse menu featuring the varied cuisines of Asia and Africa. The restaurant will be located along the river and will have both indoor and outdoor seating. (Editor's Note: This is just my speculation but does anyone else foresee a "Rivers of Light" dinner package?)| - 2015-12-01 13:12:12 [update] |187||Beginning in Spring 2016, a new night-time spectacular will light up Disney's Animal Kingdom. "Rivers of Light" will take place on "Discovery River between Discovery Island and Expedition Everest. During the show, a pair of mystical hosts come to the river bearing gifts of light and set out from the shore on elaborate lantern vessels for a dramatic dance of water and light to summon animal spirits. With the storytellers as guides, the wonders of “Rivers of Light” builds to a stunning crescendo. In addition to the show, guests will notice the park’s iconic Tree of Life undergo an amazing awakening as the animal spirits of the tree are brought to 'light' by magical fireflies, revealing moments of wonder and enchantment."
| - 2015-11-24 09:11:35 [update] |187||“Rivers of Light,” the first-ever night-time show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, will debut on April 22, 2016. The show, set on Discovery River in the Asia section of the park, will depict an ancient lantern festival guided by two storytellers who call forth four animal Spirit Guides: an Asian Tiger, Tropical Turtle, African Elephant and Great Horned Owl. These Spirit Guides return at different points during the show to lead the audience through their journey through the Rivers of Light.
| - 2016-03-07 09:03:49 [update] |187||As part of the expansion of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Rivers of Light and other night-time activities were expected to debut on April 22. Disney announced today that this date has been delayed until further notice. Disney has said they will have an update in mid- to late-May. | - 2016-04-05 14:04:08 [update] |187||'Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' will debut Memorial Day Weekend at Disney's Animal Kingdom. This evening show is a limited-run engagement, to be replaced by "Rivers of Light" debuting later this year. The show takes place on Discovery River and features special effects, music, and more. | - 2016-04-26 09:04:07 [update] |187||Beginning May 27, 2016, Disney's Animal Kingdom will be open extended hours and guests will be able to enjoy seeing the Tree of Life come to life each evening, night-time safaris on Kilimanjaro Safari, the "Wildlife Parti" in Harambe Village, the Discover Island Carnevale, and beginning May 28, the "Jungle Book: Alive with Magic" night-time show.| - 2016-05-23 10:05:01 [update] |187||While no official opening date has been announced, Rivers of Light merchandise including light-up toys, clothing items, and a soundtrack are now available for purchase at Disney's Animal Kingdom. This leads us to believe that the debut of the long-awaited night-time show will be debuting soon! | - 2017-01-02 13:01:22 [update] |191||Pandora - The World of AVATAR is going to open at Disney's Animal Kingdom this summer. The land will feature two new attractions, a new restaurant, and shopping. | - 2016-11-21 08:11:01 [update] |193||Starting January 29, 2016, get a sneak peek at the upcoming Disney film, "Zootopia," inside Conservation Station at Rafiki's Planet Watch in Disney's Animal Kingdom. Guests will get a chance to see clips of the film (opening March 4) and learn about the behind-the-scenes research for the film that took place at Animal Kingdom!| - 2016-01-25 10:01:47 [update] |195||Disney's Animal Kingdom is now home to four Lion-Tailed Macaques, a new species of monkey for the park. The Macaques (one male and three females) can be found on the Maharajah Jungle Trek. | - 2016-12-23 10:12:28 [update] |198||The Shark Reef at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will close permanently on October 3, 2016. The Reef is closing to make way for the new Miss Fortune Falls attraction, coming in 2017. | - 2016-09-20 09:09:21 [update] |205||Chef Rick Bayless will open a new location of his Frontera Fresco restaurants at Disney Springs in 2016. The restaurant will feature Mexican cuisine including tortas, tacos, and Mexican-braised meat entrees.| - 2015-10-27 10:10:21 [update] |205||'The Ganachery' is a one-of-a-kind shop featuring hand-crafted chocolates. An expert pastry chef will be hand crafting candies on stage every day, making one of 16 different in-house ganaches. The Ganachery will open on December 15, 2015. | - 2015-11-24 09:11:16 [update] |205||The Disney Parks Blog has published a list of over 30 shops and dining venues, opening in phases beginning May 15, 2016. Highlights for Disney fans include Vera Bradley, Alex & Ani, the Coca-Cola Store, and more. For the complete list, check out the Disney Parks Blog!| - 2016-02-29 10:02:26 [update] |205||STK, the new Steakhouse in Disney Springs, is accepting reservations for May 25 and beyond via phone and their website. No official opening date has been announced and reservations are not yet available on the Walt Disney World dining site.| - 2016-05-10 08:05:19 [update] |205||The Town Center section of Disney Springs is now open. The Lime Parking Garage is also now open. New stores in the Town Center section include Alex & Ani, D-Luxe Burger, Kate Spade New York, Pandora, Sephora, Sprinkles Cupcakes, and Vera Bradley. | - 2016-05-16 09:05:27 [update] |206||Homecoming, the new restaurant from celebrity chef Art Smith, will open at Disney Springs in Summer 2016 and feature "farm to fork" Florida cuisine. Traditional southern favorites such as pimento cheese, deviled eggs, and shrimp and grits will be featured on the menu. Dessert will be shipped in daily from a bakery in Hamilton County, Florida. The restaurant will also have a lounge, Southern Shinebar, whose menu will include local (legal) moonshine cocktails.| - 2015-10-12 12:10:20 [update] |207||The Coca-Cola Store is now open in the Town Center section of Disney Springs. The store features Coca-Cola-branded merchandise and apparel. There is a rooftop beverage bar offering Coke products from around the world. The bar will feature specialty adult beverages in the evenings. | - 2016-07-05 10:07:48 [update] |207||Walt Disney World Resort busses now offer transportation from the four theme parks to Disney Springs, starting at 4:00 PM daily. This is one way transportation only, there is no direct bus transportation from Disney Springs to the Disney parks. Guests wishing to return to a park from Disney Springs must go to a Walt Disney World resort, then from there to a park. | - 2016-09-06 08:09:01 [update] |207||Disney has announced a new holiday light show featuring drones is coming to Disney Springs this holiday season. That's all we know! More details to come... to check out the preview, visit the Disney Parks Blog.| - 2016-11-07 15:11:31 [update] |208||La Nouba, the Cirque du Soleil show at Disney Springs, is offering half-price tickets for children (ages 3 - 9) for shows May 31-July 23, 2016, with the purchase of an adult ticket. Child-priced tickets start as low as $24 for Category 4 seats.| - 2016-05-03 09:05:40 [update] |221||Casey's Corner, the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, and Sleepy Hollow will all begin offering breakfast items in the next few weeks. (Capitalizing on the fact that Main Street USA is now open to guests an hour prior to park opening!) Casey's Corner will offer muffins, bagels, a croissant donut, and a "breakfast" hot dog with hash browns. Plaza Ice Cream Parlor will feature a "Donut Sundae" in addition to Mickey Waffles, Kellogg's cereals, and donuts. Sleepy Hollow will offer a new egg, tomato, and ham waffle sandwich in addition to the fruit and "Nutella" waffle sandwich already on offer. | - 2017-01-17 09:01:05 [update] |223|
The price of the Disney Dining Plans has increased. The Quick Service Dining Plan is now $44.13 per night, per adult, $19.04 per night, per child (ages 3-9). The Disney Dining Plan is now $63.70 per night, per adult, and $22.85 per night, per child (ages 3-9). The Deluxe Dining Plan is now $115.08 per night, per adult, and $35.49 per night, per child (ages 3-9).
- 2016-03-15 10:03:18 [update] |223||According to the Walt Disney World website, all Dining Plans will now include two snack credits per person, per night. The quick service credit now includes an entree and a non-alcoholic beverage, the dessert is being removed. The dessert IS still included in your table service credit for lunch and dinner. The Platinum and and Premium plans have been discontinued for 2017.| - 2016-06-20 14:06:20 [update] |223||From January 12 through February 22, 2017, the Magic Kingdom will be testing a new "Disney Dine-On-the-Go" package. For $29 per adult (ages 10+) and $12 per child (ages 3-9), guests will receive vouchers for one lunch and one dinner to use at select Magic Kingdom counter service locations. The meal includes an entree and soft drink. The voucher can be used at Casey’s Corner, Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, and Pinocchio Village Haus.| - 2017-01-09 09:01:50 [update] |228||Beginning December 23, 2016, more restaurants in the Magic Kingdom will serve wine and beer with meals. Tony's Town Square, Liberty Tree Tavern, Jungle Navigation Co. Skipper Canteen, and Cinderella's Royal Table will join Be Our Guest in serving adult beverages daily.| - 2016-12-20 12:12:41 [update] |232||The Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom is moving to a "walk-up only" reservation policy. All existing advanced dining reservations will be honored. | - 2016-06-20 14:06:51 [update] |233||Tortuga Tavern in the Magic Kingdom will debut a new menu on October 14,2015. The menu will feature barbecue sandwiches with either pulled pork, beef brisket, or chicken served on Texas Toast with beans and cole slaw. There is also a Roasted Corn and vegetable salad which can be topped with either beef or chicken. | - 2015-10-13 09:10:05 [update] |233||The Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom will begin accepting same-day dining reservations on February 12, 2016. Reservations can be made on the Disney Dining web site or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. As of now, this is for a limited time and is scheduled to end on February 27, 2016.| - 2016-02-09 11:02:29 [update] |233||Guests wishing to dine at the Jungle Skipper Canteen in the Magic Kingdom can now making advanced dining reservations up to 180 days in advance. Reservations are available for lunch or dinner and can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE or visting www.disneyworld.com/dining.| - 2016-06-06 11:06:16 [update] |235||Choza Tequila, a new tequileria featuring hand-crafted margaritas and classic Mexican cuisine, will be opening outside the Mexico pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase in Early 2017. | - 2017-01-02 13:01:49 [update] |236||La Cantina de San Angel in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase will now begin serving breakfast at 9:00 am. (The Mexico and Norway pavilions will now open at 9:00 am, in order to accommodate the crowds for the new Frozen attraction and character meet in Norway, now open.) The menu includes four items - Chilaquiles con Huevos (fried eggs with corn tortillas and green tomatillo sauce), Tamal Verde con Huevos (scrambled eggs, corn dough with chorizo, and green tomatillo sauce), Pambazo de Chorizo con Huevo (a roll filled with scrambled eggs, chorizo sausage, cheese, and guacamole), and a Kids option - Huevos Revueltos (scrambled eggs topped with cheese and a side of breakfast potatoes). | - 2016-06-21 07:06:27 [update] |237||Beginning February 8, 2016 through January 27, 2017, Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China Pavilion at Epcot will be offering a special prix fixe lunch menu and new additions to the menu. The lunch special is three courses for $17.98. Guests start with spring rolls or pot stickers. There is a choice of three entrees: Happily Family, with sliced chicken breast, beef and shrimp stir fry; Moo Goo Gai Pan with stir-fried chicken breast, mushrooms and snow peas; and General Tso’s Chicken Buns Lunch Box with three steamed buns and hot-and-sour soup. Dessert is strawberry-red bean ice cream or ginger-caramel ice cream.
New additions to the menu for Year of the Monkey are three steamed buns: braised pork belly served with chili aioli; sweet-and-sour, batter-fried fish buns topped with pork floss; and General Tso’s Chicken buns with batter-fried chicken breast. | - 2016-01-26 09:01:22 [update] |243||Hollywood & Vine at Disney's Hollywood Studios is rolling out the red carpet from January 4 through March 20, 2016 at dinner for "Minnie's Silver Screen Dine." Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy will be dressed in their "award-show" worthy outfits, and enjoying film-inspired eats. (Including the famous creamy popcorn soup from the Disney Cruise Line!)| - 2016-01-04 10:01:39 [update] |243||Minnie Mouse and her friends greet guests throughout the year at Hollywood & Wine at Disney's Hollywood Studios. From September 12 - November 6, 2016, Minnie and friends will be greeting guests dressed in their Halloween costumes for "Minnie's Halloween Dine at Hollywood & Vine." | - 2016-08-29 16:08:38 [update] |243||PizzeRizzo the classic family pizzeria owned by Rizzo the Rat from The Muppets will open in Muppets Courtyard at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Nov. 18, 2016. The restaurant is two-stories and the second story features a family wedding in progress - join in the fun and dance! The menu features personal pizzas and a Meatball Sub, all served with a side Caesar Salad. Lighter menu options include
the Antipasto Salad with a bed of Romaine lettuce piled high with tomatoes, Mozzarella, Kalamata olives, ham, pepperoni, salami and Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Dessert includes traditional Italian sweets like Cannoli and Tiramisu. | - 2016-10-31 10:10:19 [update] |244||Disney's Hollywood Studios now has three new food kiosks offering quick-service options! Hollywood Waffles of Fame has a Turkey and Gouda waffle sandwich, a Ham and Cheddar Focaccia sandwich, and a freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookie. Bocados del Lago Nachos y Empanadas offers Chili Cheese Nachos with Guacamole, Beef Empanadas, and a Dulce de Leche cookie. Sliders to the Stars serves Pulled Beef Brisket sliders, Pulled Barbecue Chicken Sliders, and a Mickey Brownie.| - 2016-05-31 12:05:01 [update] |244||A new restaurant is opening in the Muppets Courtyard this fall! Pizzerizzo will be a quick service location serving pizza and cold drinks. "Owned" by Rizzo the Rat, guests will be able to spot Rizzo and his family throughout the two-story restaurant. This eatery will replace the former Toy Story Pizza Planet.| - 2016-07-15 14:07:03 [update] |246||A new quick-service location has opened near Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom. "Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks" serves Asian-inspired dishes including Sushi, Som Tam, and Banh Mi. The location also serves cocktails and soft drinks. | - 2015-12-28 09:12:39 [update] |246||Tiffins Restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom is now offering a "Taste of Tiffins" menu at lunch time. Available from 11:30 - 3:30 daily, this menu offers diners a chance to sample two appetizer sized dishes along with a side of Jade blend rice. Guests can also order from a "Light Bites" menu and the full Tiffins menu. | - 2016-08-22 13:08:39 [update] |249||Frontera Cocina, Rick Bayless' new Mexican restaurant in Disney Springs, is now open for walk-up dining only. Advanced dining reservations are currently being accepted for July 21 and beyond on OpenTable.com. There is also a take-out window available daily from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm. Dining reservations are not yet available through Disney's dining system.| - 2016-06-28 10:06:16 [update] |249||Celebrity Chef Art Smith's new restaurant in Disney Springs, Homecoming: Florida Kitchen, is now open for walk-up dining. Reservations for August 15, 2016, and beyond will be available beginning July 15, 2016. | - 2016-07-12 08:07:00 [update] |249||Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza in Disney Springs is now open. Guests customize their 11-inch pizzas (or choose one of their "Signature" pizzas) and in 180 seconds, the pizzas emerge from the hot oven to be enjoyed. Blaze also offers gluten-free dough and vegan "cheese". This location does accept the Disney Dining Plan. | - 2016-08-08 12:08:21 [update] |250||Paddlefish (formerly known as Fulton's Crab House) opened on February 4, 2017 in Disney Springs. The menu remains seafood-centric and will include some favorites from the Fulton's Crab House menu such as Lobster Corn Dogs and Crab Legs. Paddlefish will be open daily for lunch and dinner as well as Sunday Brunch.| - 2017-01-27 06:01:51 [update] |250||Fulton's Crab house recently closed for an extended refurbishment. Levy Restaurant Group, which owns and operates the location, has revealed that when the restaurant opens in the Fall of 2016, it will have a a new menu and a new name. "Paddlefish" will still feature seafood (including some of Fulton's Crab house favorites) as well as steaks, chops, and more. | - 2016-04-26 09:04:09 [update] |250||The owners of the popular Orlando-area restaurant, The Ravenous Pig, will be opening a "fast casual" location called, "The Polite Pig" in Disney Springs in Spring 2017. The restaurant will feature smoked and grilled items. The bar will feature locals beer as well as wine and cocktails. The restaurant will be in the Town Center section of Disney Springs. | - 2016-07-18 11:07:23 [update] |252||Planet Hollywood Observatory in Disney springs has been closed for a year for extensive renovations, and will re-open this week. While no "official" opening date has been announced, reservations are available for January 27, 2017 and beyond.| - 2017-01-23 10:01:12 [update] |252||Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs will re-open this fall with a new name, new look, and new menu. The Planet Hollywood Observatory will feature a burger and sandwich menu from Food Network Star Guy Fieri. The restaurant itself will have enhanced audiovisual effects. | - 2016-08-23 10:08:29 [update] |252||The Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs is planning to open in late December, in time for Christmas. No official date has been announced. The restaurant plans to be in "soft opening" for a few weeks prior to accepting reservations. | - 2016-11-29 10:11:28 [update] |253||Sanaa is now offering a "Kuamsha" breakfast. "Kuamsha" means "awakening" in Swahili. This casual quick service dining option is available from 7:00-10:00 am daily and features made to order entrees as well as Grab & Go items. Guests place their order at the register, receive an animal "tracker," then find a table. A Cast Member will find your table using the animal tracker and deliver your food! | - 2016-12-12 11:12:29 [update] |254||Ample Hills Creamery, a family run company famous for offering two officially-licensed Star Wars flavors, will be opening a location on Disney's Boardwalk this Spring. (I'll have a cone of Light Side, please!)| - 2016-04-19 09:04:24 [update] |254||The restaurant formerly known as the Flying Fish Cafe will reopen as "Flying Fish" later this year. The menu will focus on sustainable seafood and will also feature an expanded wine selection.|
The location that used to house Seashore Sweets will re-open as "AbracadaBar" - a "curious cocktail bar." According to our friends at DisneyFoodBlog.com - "As the story goes, “the lounge was once a secret stomping ground for famous touring magicians, local boardwalk illusionists and the loveliest magician’s assistants of the day. After every magic show, these prestidigitators would gather at the bar, where they’d conjure up new cocktails, swap magic tips and tricks, and often stay up all night attempting to “out-charm” each other with their extraordinary illusions.
According to BoardWalk lore, it was on just such an evening that every single magician in the lounge vanished into thin air, never seen again… And after sitting vacant for nearly 70 years, the secret magician’s lounge is now back in the spotlight.”
Rumor has it, according to the story, that the magic of the magicians lingers in the space and can still be experienced through sight, sound, and taste (via the signature cocktails in the lounge). Vintage props, tricks, “enchanted” magic show posters and mystifying mirrors have been left behind, just waiting to be discovered by modern-day Boardwalk visitors."
- 2016-05-17 07:05:33 [update] |254||Ample Hills Creamery is now open at Disney's Boardwalk. Ample Hills features 16 signature flavors of ice cream, six types of cones, a variety of sundaes, shakes, and more. | - 2016-05-17 10:05:31 [update] |254||Reservations are again being accepted at Flying Fish at the BoardWalk Resort starting July 29 for dates on August 3 and beyond. Flying Fish (formerly Flying Fish Cafe) underwent extensive renovations on its interior, including the guest areas and on-stage kitchen. You can make reservations at disneyworld.com or at 407-WDW-DINE.| - 2016-07-28 13:07:46 [update] |254||The Flying Fish restaurant (formerly Flying Fish Cafe) at Disney's Boardwalk has reopened with a brand new look and menu. Guests can now enjoy the open kitchen, featuring a "Chef's Counter" experience with seating for 12 people with an exclusive menu. Flying Fish has also expanded their wine selection. The AbracadaBAR cocktail lounge next door is also now open. | - 2016-08-08 12:08:21 [update] |255||Beginning February 7, 2016, California Grill will offer Sunday Brunch. "Brunch at the Top" will give guests a chance to explore a whole new menu that will include a basket of pastries and baked goods to start your meal, followed by a chance to interact with the Chefs in the Show Kitchen as you peruse a sampling of charcuterie, sushi, and salads. Then back to your table to order your entree and dessert. The cost is $80 per adult, $48 per child (ages 3-9). Reservations will open on December 16, 2016.| - 2015-12-15 07:12:35 [update] |257||Beginning January 4, Minnie Mouse will be the host of a new series of seasonal dinners at the Hollywood and Vine restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Reservations open October 27 for the first seasonal dining experience, January 4 to March 20, during which Minnie will celebrate the magic of the movies and the glamour of Hollywood. Future themes for seasonal dining may include Delightful Spring, Excitement of Summer and Frightening Fun for Halloween.| - 2015-10-22 17:10:54 [update] |257||Victoria & Albert's Restaurant at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort has once again been named one of the Best Fine Dining restaurants in the US. Victoria & Albert's appears at #6 on the 2015 Traveler's Choice Awards for Best Fine Dining. | - 2015-10-27 10:10:03 [update] |257||Victoria & Albert's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been named the number two fine dining establishment in the United States by TripAdvisor. (Alinea in Chicago claimed the top spot.) The winners are chosen based on the quantity and quality of the reviews posted on TripAdvisor over the past 12 months. | - 2016-10-24 11:10:46 [update] |266||The Candlelight Processional is a re-telling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator, accompanied by the full choir and orchestra. It takes place three times per night (5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m.) from November 25-December 20, 2016. The current lst of narrators (subject to change):|
11/25-27 – Steven Curtis Chapman
11/28-12/1 – Neil Patrick Harris
12/2-12/3 – Whoopi Goldberg
12/4-12/12 – TBA
12/13-12/15 – Meredith Vieira
12/16-12/18 – TBA
12/19-12/21 – Joe Morton
12/22-12/27 – TBA
12/28-12/30 – Cal Ripken, Jr.
This year, in addition to lunch and dinner packages, breakfast options are available at some Epcot restaurants including The Garden Grill. Breakfast, lunch and dinner options are also available this year at Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, with breakfast and dinner options being offered at Trattoria Al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk. Candlelight Dining Packages for breakfast start at $27 plus tax per person for adults and $14 plus tax per person for children, ages 3-9. Candlelight Dining Packages for lunch and dinner start at $47 plus tax per person for adults and $20 plus tax per person for children, ages 3-9.
- 2016-06-30 16:06:28 [update] |267||The 21st Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival officially begins on Wednesday, September 14, 2016. The festival runs through November 14, 2016. Check out our friends at www.DisneyFoodBlog.com for updates and reviews! | - 2016-09-13 08:09:32 [update] |273||Beginning on April 9, on Tuesday and Saturday mornings, guests at Walt Disney World Resort will be able to enjoy a new tour - Sense of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. This 3.5-hour tour includes breakfast and is designed to use all five senses - touch, taste, hearing, smell, and sight - to immerse guests in the culture and history of Africa. Guests will also get a backstage peek at the care, feeding, well-being and social interactions of the resident animals. Reservations are available starting April 5; call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687). The cost is $249, and staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is not required. Experiences may vary.| - 2016-04-04 12:04:13 [update] |273||The Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience tour gives guests the chance to enjoy a private safari, a selection of African small plates paired with regional wines and beers, and have all of it captured by a photographer. The minimum age for this tour is 8 years old (21+ to enjoy the wine and beer pairings). The cost is $169 per person (tax not included) and valid park admission is required. | - 2016-06-06 10:06:53 [update] |276||From October 1 - November 1, 2016, guests will have the chance to meet a Princess at Disney Springs at World of Disney. A different princess will great guests each day from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm - which princess it will be is a surprise! Disney PhotoPass photographers will be available.| - 2016-09-30 11:09:39 [update] |279||Effective December 14, 2015, the pre-purchase price of the Memory Maker Digital Photo Package is decreasing from $169 to $149. The pre-purchase price is for guests who purchase their Memory Maker package four or more days in advance. The standard Memory Maker Digital Photo Package price is decreasing from $199 to $169. The standard Memory Maker photo package can be used immediately upon purchase. | - 2015-12-14 15:12:17 [update] |279||"Self-Serve" PhotoPass? Disney is testing a new PhotoPass option in the Magic Kingdom. Stationary Cameras are in place and focused - all the guest needs to do is activate the camera using their MagicBand. The photos can then be viewed on the PhotoPass site. Currently a camera is set up near the Tangled restroom area and Cast Members are available to help guests with the system. Rumor has it the camera will be moved to the Sword in the Stone set-up behind Cinderella Castle. | - 2016-07-05 10:07:38 [update] |279||From August 7 - 31, guests who have purchased Memory Maker will have access to an exclusive character experience with a Disney Princess in the Magic Kingdom. Located in Heritage House, this meet and greet is available from 11:00 am - 5:40 pm until August 31, 2016.| - 2016-08-08 12:08:17 [update] |279||A new PhotoPass Studio is now open in the Marketplace at Disney Springs. Guests can choose between a standard background or virtual digital background for their photos. No reservations are needed and photos are included as part of the Memory Maker photo package. Guests without Memory Maker can purchase photos through their PhotoPass account. | - 2016-12-05 09:12:56 [update] |280||A new Disney pin trading scavenger hunt is now available at the Magic Kingdom. The pins feature Steampunk-inspired artwork. (This scavenger hunt is similar to the "Pin Pursuits" offered in the past.) Guests can purchase a PinQuest "Adventure Kit" to includes a lanyard, lanyard pouch, and six clue cards. Once guests have solved all six clues, they return to either the Frontier Trading Post or Curtain Call Collectibles to receive their pins! | - 2016-07-05 10:07:24 [update] |282||According to our friends at the Disney Food Blog, beginning October 1, 2016, guests will be able to choose between two versions of the Wishes Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. Both versions include the dessert buffet at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. Then guests who purchase the "Tomorrowland Terrace Patio" seating will be escorted to their seats on the patio for the viewing of Wishes. This option is $79 per adult, $47 per child (ages 3-9). Guests who choose the "Plaza Garden Viewing" option will be escorted to a reserved area in the Plaza Gardens for fireworks viewing. This option does not include seats. This option is $59 per adult, $39 per child (ages 3-9). | - 2016-09-30 10:09:34 [update] |284||Beginning December 4, 2015, the Sandcastle Club at Disney's Beach Club and Lilo's Playhouse at Disney's Polynesian Villages Resort will be bringing more magic to their children's activities! The Club programs will be similar to those available onboard the Disney Cruise Line with character meets, crafts, cooking and science activities and more. The pricing is changing as well. It is now a flat fee of $55 per child for the hours of 4:30 pm - Midnight. Dinner is included! | - 2015-11-17 10:11:38 [update] |285||Disney FairyTale Weddings will now offer a ceremony location at the Magic Kingdom during park hours. Couples can now have their ceremony in the East Plaza Garden at 9:30 am, with Cinderella Castle as the backdrop. Packages for this location with 100 guests start at $75,000. | - 2016-05-03 09:05:50 [update] |288||Walt Disney World will no longer be holding Star Wars Weekends in May and June. With the construction of the new Star Wars-themed land in Hollywood Studios beginning soon, and brand new Star Wars experiences debuting in December 2015, Disney now says, "the Force will be with Disney's Hollywood Studios every day."| - 2015-11-09 19:11:10 [update] |288||Disney's Night of Joy Christian music concert series will be held September 9-10, 2016. Concerts will be held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. Fans will now have the options to purchase "concert only" tickets for $39 plus tax (advance purchase price, $45 plus tax on the day of the event), or a ticket that includes the Saturday night concerts AND a 1-day pass to any of the Walt Disney World theme parks ($99 plus tax (in advance); $114 plus tax the day of the show (if available), or A 2-Day ticket which includes both nights’ concerts, a day at one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks – $119 plus tax (in advance). The current line up (subject to change):|
Friday, September 9 – MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Crowder, Matthew West, Stars Go Dim, Zealand Worship
Saturday, September 10 – newsboys, for King & Country, Young & Free, Switchfoot, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Tim Timmons
- 2016-03-21 12:03:17 [update] |288||Walt Disney World has announced the dates for the 2016 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! Disney has revised the costume guidelines for the Halloween Party for guests over 14 - Costumes may be worn, however, Guests ages 14 and older are strongly discouraged from wearing layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body as they may be subject to additional security screening. Additionally, costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon. Ticket prices and a sale sate have not been announced.|
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Sept. 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 29 and 30
Oct. 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
November 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27 and 29
December 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18 and 22
- 2016-03-24 07:03:14 [update] |288||The "Sounds Like Summer" Concert Series is held nightly in the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot. Concerts feature tribute bands and performers. Showtimes are 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 pm. The current line-up (subject to change):|
June 5-11: Don’t Look Back – A Tribute to Boston
June 12-18: Hotel California – A Salute to the Eagles
June 19-24: Rumours – A Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band
June 25-July 1: Simply Tina – A Tribute to Tina Turner
July 2-9: Stayin’ Alive – A Tribute to the Bee Gees
July 10-16: Bruce in the USA – A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen
July 17-23: DSB – A Tribute to Journey
- 2016-04-04 09:04:30 [update] |288||Tickets sales for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party began on May 6, 2016. Prices vary by date.|
Prices (not including tax) for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is:
Sept. 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 25: $72 per adult, ages 9+ ($67 for ages 3-9)
Sept. 29, 30: $79 per adult, ages 9+ (74 for ages 3-9)
Sept. 23: $85 per adult, ages 9+ ($80 for ages 3-9)
Oct. 2, 6: $86 per adult, ages 9+ ($81 for ages 3-9)
Oct. 4, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27: $91 per adult, ages 9+ ($86 for ages 3-9)
Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, 30: $95 per adult, ages 9+ ($90 for ages 3-9)
Oct. 31: $105 per adult, ages 9+ ($100 for ages 3-9)
Prices (not including tax) for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is:
Nov. 10, 11, 13: $86 per adult, ages 9+ ($81 for ages 3-9)
Nov. 7, 8, 15 and Dec. 1: $91 per adult, ages 9+ ($86 for ages 3-9)
Nov. 18, 27, 29 and Dec. 2, 11, 13: $92 per adult, ages 9+ ($87 for ages 3-9)
Dec. 4, 6, 8: $94 per adult, ages 9+ ($89 for ages 3-9)
Dec. 9, 15: $96 per adult, ages 9+ ($91 for ages 3-9)
Dec. 16, 18 and 22: $99 per adult, ages 9+ ($94 for age 3-9)
- 2016-05-09 13:05:36 [update] |288||The Eat to the Beat Concert Series takes place nightly in the America Gardens Theatre in Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival. The concerts are held three times nightly - 5:30 pm, 6:45 pm, and 8:00 pm. The current line-up (subject to change):|
Sept. 14-15 – Wang Chung
Sept. 16-18 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
Sept. 19-20 – Air Supply
Sept. 21-23 – BoDeans
Sept. 24-25 – Fuel
Sept. 26-28 – Sugar Ray
Sept. 29-30 – Los Lobos
Oct. 1-2 – David Cook
Oct. 3-4 - Wilson Phillips
Oct. 5-6 – Blues Traveler
Oct. 7-9 – Plain White T’s
Oct. 10-11 – 38 Special
Oct. 12-13 – Jeffrey Osborne
Oct. 14-16 – Tiffany
Oct. 17-19 – Dennis DeYoung: The Music of Styx
Oct. 20-21 – Christopher Cross
Oct. 22-23 – Toad The Wet Sprocket
Oct. 24-25 – Chaka Khan
Oct. 26-27 – Billy Ocean
Oct. 28-29 – Living Colour
Oct. 30-Nov. 1 – Hanson
Nov. 2-3 – Soul Asylum
Nov. 4-6 – Delta Rae
Nov. 7-9 – Boyz II Men
Nov. 10-11 – Sister Hazel
Nov. 12-14 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- 2016-07-12 08:07:21 [update] |288||Walt Disney World has added an Early Morning Magic Event to Disney's Hollywood Studios. For $69 plus tax per adult (ages 10+), and $59 plus tax per child (ages 3-9), guests will get access to Star Tours and Toy Story Midway Mania and select characters on select days prior to park opening, beginning at 8:00 am. Breakfast from the ABC Commissary is included. | - 2016-07-12 11:07:09 [update] |288||The 'Holidays Around the World' celebration at Epcot takes place November 25 - December 30, 2016, and features holiday stories from around the globe told by traditional storytellers. New this year will be "Festival-style" food booths featuring holiday menu items. Prost! in Germany offers an artisan cheese plate or sauerbraten with red cabbage and spatzle. American Holiday Table in the American Adventure Pavilion will serve slow-roasted turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce, and seared pork tenderloin with green bean casserole, roasted sweet potato wedges and a Champagne demi-glace. The Alpine Haus between Morocco and France will feature duck confit, dumplings and roasted brussel sprouts with a fig reduction; cheese fondue in a bread bowl with fresh steamed vegetables, and sachertorte, a chocolate cake with apricot jam and dark chocolate glaze. Seasonal Southern Delights near World Showcase Plaza will offer hoppin john (black-eyed peas, ham hocks and kale with rice and cornbread crumbles); blackened catfish with white cheddar grits with okra, tomato and onion stew, and chocolate pecan tart. The Feast of the Three Kings Feast near World Showcase Plaza will feature a shredded beef tamale with avocado crema; roasted pork with mashed yucca and pickled green bananas, and Three Kings Bread. Hot and cold drinks will be offered all around World Showcase, as well as holidays sweets such as the Mickey Santa Hat cupcake at Fountain View restaurant, chocolate honey baklava in Morocco, panettone (Italian Christmas cake) in Italy, gingerbread ice cream and buche de Noel au chocolat (Christmas cake shaped like a log) in France, pai cha (Beijing-style fried dough twist with sesame) in China and guava tamales in Mexico.| - 2016-10-31 10:10:23 [update] |288||A brand new festival is coming to Epcot in 2017! The Epcot International Festival of the Arts debuts on weekends from January 13 - February 20, 2017. This Festival combines the visual, culinary, and performing arts. The Festival will be held Friday - Monday, and each weekend will feature a concert with music and performers from Disney Theatrical productions. The Food Booths will also be back!| - 2016-11-21 12:11:11 [update] |288||The 2017 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will be held from March 1 - May 29, 2017. | - 2016-11-29 10:11:29 [update] |288||On select Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday nights beginning December 2, 2016, guests can experience a progressive "Highway in the Sky Dine Around" dinner at the monorail resorts - drinks and appetizers at Disney's Polynesian Resort, dinner and a cheese course at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, and ending at Disney's Contemporary Resort for dessert and fireworks viewing. The cost is $150 per person, including gratuity. The event is currently available through March 2017 and can be booked online. (Please note - on event nights the fourth floor patio at the Contemporary will be closed to accommodate this event.)| - 2016-11-29 10:11:33 [update] |300||Effective April 4, 2016, new buyers purchasing Disney Vacation Club (DVC) membership through the resale market, rather than directly from DVC, will no longer get access to membership perks such as discounts on merchandise, dining and annual passes. They will also not have access to the membership lounge opening in Epcot this year, Members Cruises on Disney Cruise Line, and more. Current owners who purchased their membership via resale prior to April 4, 2016 will continue to receive Membership Extras. | - 2016-04-05 08:04:08 [update] |303||Disney has released the full list of celebrity narrators for the 2015 Candlelight Processional at Epcot. As always, these are subject to change.|
11/27 - 11/29: Gary Sinise
11/30 - 12/3: Neil Patrick Harris
12/4 - 12/5: Whoopi Goldberg
12/6 - 12/8: Joe Morton
12/9 - 12/11: Ana Gasteyer
12/12 - 12/14: Meredith Vieira
12/15 - 12/17: America Ferrera
12/18 - 12/20: Chandra Wilson
12/21 - 12/23: Daniel Dae Kim
12/24 - 12/26: Edward James Olmos
12/27 - 12/28: Blair Underwood
12/29 - 12/30: Amy Grant
Each evening there are three 40-minute shows at 5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 pm. Admittance to the Candlelight Processional is included with admission to Epcot.
- 2015-10-22 17:10:26 [update] |999||Walt Disney World has announced that the much-debated private cabanas at the Magic Kingdom will be ending after February 17, 2017. The cabanas are available at a discounted rate of $499 daily between January 17 - February 17, 2017. | - 2017-01-13 15:01:43 [update] |999||Characters in Flights at Disney Springs gives guests the chance to get a unique, aerial view of Disney Springs with their tethered balloon. A new balloon "envelope" debuted last week. (The "enveleope" refers to the actual fabric inflatable section of the balloon.) The blue design is themed to fit in with the water element of Disney Springs. | - 2017-01-23 10:01:31 [update] |999||Disney Dining Buddy and other web sites that charge guests to find availability at hard-to-find restaurants have been shut down at Disney's request. Disney does not allow third party sites to use data "scraped" from Disney's website for profit.| - 2015-10-12 12:10:43 [update] |999||Sunset Showcase in Disney's Hollywood Studios will host the Club Villain Dining Event beginning January 16, 2016. This "dine and dance" event features a menu inspired by New Orleans Cuisine as well as villains-inspired cocktails. There is a stage show and opportunities to mingle with your host Dr. Facilier (from The Princess and the Frog) and his evil Diva Co-Hosts - Maleficent, the Queen of Hearts, the Evil Queen, and Cruella de Vil. There will also be a DJ playing music for dancing. Tickets are $99 per person, plus tax, park admission not included. (But is required for this event.)| - 2015-11-03 07:11:10 [update] |999||Guests can now visit with Santa Goofy in his new location on the Streets of America. Located in the former Backlot Studios area, Santa Goofy is available from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, and from 6:30 pm - park close. | - 2015-11-03 07:11:10 [update] |999||New details have been released for Pandora - The World of AVATAR at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The Na'Vi River Journey is a family-friendly canoe ride through the bio-luminescent forest of Pandora. Pandora - The World of AVATAR is scheduled to open in 2017.| - 2015-11-10 10:11:34 [update] |999||Beginning Friday, November 20, through December 24, 2015, Santa Claus will be making daily appearances at Disney Springs. Santa will be available from Noon to 10:30 pm, across from the Ghirardelli Ice Cream shop. Guests will sign in and receive a pager, allowing them to continue to shop while they wait their turn to see St. Nick! | - 2015-11-17 10:11:01 [update] |999||The world's largest Disney Store has gotten even larger! The World of Disney store at Disney Springs has completed a 6000 square foot expansion. To celebrate, the World of Disney store will be offering Free Shipping on purchases made November 26 - 29, 2015 at the store. So save room in your suitcases and ship your holiday shopping home!| - 2015-11-24 09:11:23 [update] |999||The December 18 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is officially sold out. | - 2015-12-01 09:12:53 [update] |999||Walt Disney's office at Disney Studios in Burbank, California, has been painstakingly restored down to the smallest details. The office was unveiled on December 7, 2015 by current Disney CEO Bob Iger, accompanied by Walt's three granddaughters. The office will be featured in a tour available to D23 Gold Members (D23 is Disney's official fan club) in 2016. | - 2015-12-08 09:12:41 [update] |999||The Jungle Navigation co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen is now open! Currently the restaurant is walk-up dining only though rumors suggest that advanced dining reservations will begin soon. The restaurant features three dining rooms - The Crew's Mess Hall, The Falls Family Parlor, and the Formerly Secret Meeting Room of the S.E.A. (Society of Explorers and Adventurers). The Skipper Canteen is a table service restaurant serving lunch and dinner. | - 2015-12-14 12:12:25 [update] |999||“The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special” is a family-friendly improvisational comedy show featuring performers from the now-defunct "Comedy Warehouse" on Pleasure Island. Performers take suggestions from guests to invent festive poems, scenarios, songs and stories. The show is held daily through January 3, 2016. Shows hourly from 11:30 am - 5:30 pm, at the Premiere Theatre in the Streets of New York section of Hollywood Studios. | - 2015-12-21 10:12:36 [update] |999||Baymax from Big Hero Six is now greeting guests in Innoventions West at Epcot. At this time, only Baymax is appearing, without his friend Hiro. | - 2015-12-22 10:12:19 [update] |999||Large crowds coming to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in its last year at Hollywood Studios, have caused the parking lots at Hollywood Studios to reach capacity almost daily. Guests arriving after the lots are full are being provided with vouchers for free parking at Epcot or Animal Kingdom as well as a voucher for free quick service dining for up to six guests. | - 2015-12-29 08:12:25 [update] |999||Beginning Feb. 7, 2016 through late March 2016, a new experience based on the hit Disney Channel movie “The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar,” will debut at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The Lion Guard Adventure allows young guests to become honorary members of the Lion Guard as they explore the park in search of five main characters from the popular TV movie – Kion, Bunga, Fuli, Beshte, and Ono. Once they complete the adventure, each child can take a special pledge to become an honorary member of “The Lion Guard” and receive a special button.
| - 2016-01-11 12:01:00 [update] |999||Disney filed for an exception to the FAA for drone usage for entertainment purposes at Walt Disney World. In the filing, Disney refers to "Flixels" - "based on traditional UAS [unmanned aircraft systems] platforms and include advanced control and positioning technology, onboard sensors (gyroscopes, accelerometers, GPS, barometers, magnetometers), and advanced wireless communication solutions." The filing requests permission to use up to 50 drones at a time. | - 2016-01-12 09:01:49 [update] |999||According to the Orlando Sentinel, Walt Disney World has filed plans with the South Florida Water Management District to build a new venue at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with a 180,000 square foot footprint. The project will be on 10 acres on property that currently includes wetlands. Disney has filed for permission to develop on more wetland areas. | - 2016-02-01 14:02:03 [update] |999||The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will be held from March 2-May. 30, 2016. The popular "outdoor kitchens" (aka food kiosks similar to those at the Food & Wine Festival) will make an appearance again this year. The 11 Outdoor Kitchens include Urban Farm Eats, Pineapple Promenade, Fleur de Lys, Florida Fresh, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Lotus House, Bauernmarkt, and Jardin de Fiestas. Two new kitchens are also being added - La Isla Fresca and Cider House. La Isla Fresca will be serving up Caribbean fare such as Jamaican braised beef with pigeon peas and rice; spicy jerk chicken or grouper with mango salsa and a Tres Leches cake with guava puree. The Cider House offers fare from the United Kingdom, including a field greens salad with greens harvested from The Land Pavilion, heirloom apples, Stilton cheese and dried blueberries; and a pear cider-brined shredded corned beef, braised cabbage and pears with Branston (a British food brand) dressing.| - 2016-02-02 09:02:21 [update] |999||Guests who dined at Yak & Yeti at Disney's Animal Kingdom and paid with a credit card from May 8 - December 3, 2015, should pay close attention to their statements. Landry's, Inc. which operates Yak & Yeti has had a data breach affecting credit card payments during this time frame. (Guests who paid with MagicBands were not affected.) The breach also affected the Landry's Seafood Restaurant in Orlando, and Bubba Gump Shrimp at Universal Orlando's CityWalk. It did not affect the Rainforest Cafe locations. | - 2016-02-02 09:02:30 [update] |999||The Garden Rocks Concert Series is held Friday - Sunday evenings during the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. This year's line-up and an example of one of their most popular songs (subject to change):|
March 4-6 – The Orchestra starring former members of ELO (“Evil Woman”)
March 11-13 – Starship starring Mickey Thomas ("We Built This City")
March 18-20 – Little River Band ("Reminiscing," "Cool Change")
March 25-27 – Village People ("Y.M.C.A.," "Macho Man")
April 1-3 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone ("I’m Henry the VIII, I Am")
April 8-10 – The Guess Who ("American Woman")
April 15-17 – Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice ("Spinning Wheel")
April 22-24 – Brian Howe, former lead singer of Bad Company ("Can’t Get Enough")
April 29-May 1 – Georgia Satellites ("Keep Your Hands to Yourself")
May 6-8 – Gin Blossoms ("Hey Jealousy," "Found Out About You")
May 13-15 – Darlene Love ("Wait ‘Til My Bobby Gets Home," "Christmas [Baby Please Come Home]")
May 20-22 – Night Ranger ("Sister Christian")
May 27-30 - The Spinners ("Working My Way Back to You," "Then Came You")
- 2016-02-08 10:02:49 [update] |999||Thanks to our friends at AllEars.Net for this information! Disney PhotoPass photographers will be replacing MarathonFoto starting with the Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon at Walt Disney World in April. For all of the details, check out this blog at www.allears.net.| - 2016-03-08 07:03:46 [update] |999||The Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will be held November 3 - 6, 2016. And this year, the Wine & Dine 10k will be available. Run both the 10k and the Half-Marathon and you will complete "Lumiere's Two Course Challenge." All races will now have morning start times. (Previously, the Wine & Dine races had evening start times.) Registration for these events starts March 29, 2016 at Noon eastern time. | - 2016-03-14 09:03:09 [update] |999||Guests driving to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot may have the opportunity to test new "preferred" parking. For an additional $15 (in addition to the $20 daily parking fee, making preferred parking $35 per day), Magic Kingdom guests get access to the "Jafar" parking section, and Epcot guests can park in the "Amaze" parking section. Magic Kingdom preferred parking guests still need to take the monorail or ferry boat to the park itself. | - 2016-03-21 13:03:17 [update] |999||Disney has announced a new event - 'Disney After Hours' - coming to the Magic Kingdom. Admission includes three hours in the Magic Kingdom after closing. Select attractions and character meets will be available. Admission also includes select ice cream novelties and bottled beverages. Tickets are $149 plus tax per person. The number of tickets for this event are limited. All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and only valid for admission during the event date and times. (Admission for this event begins at 7:00 pm.) Resort transportation will be available for guests staying at a Walt Disey World Resort. The current dates are April 28 and May 5, 2016 from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am, and April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016 from 11:00 pm to 2:00 am.| - 2016-03-22 09:03:22 [update] |999||Debuting in May 2016, a series of 18 LEGO minifigures depicting iconic Disney characters will be sold in LEGO stores, including World of Disney and The LEGO Store in Disney Springs. The minifigures will retail for $3.99 each. | - 2016-03-29 10:03:18 [update] |999||The Invictus Games, the only international competition of wounded warriors, founded by Prince Harry of England, is set to begin with the opening ceremony May 8, 2016. 500 athletes from 14 countries will compete in 10 adaptive sports. Opening and Closing Ceremonies will be held in Champion Stadium, with musical acts performing at both ceremonies. | - 2016-04-19 09:04:20 [update] |999||The 2016 Pop Warner Super Bowl will be held at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex December 3 - 10, 2016. | - 2016-04-25 11:04:07 [update] |999||Walt Disney World will begin booking packages for 2017 on June 21, 2016. Packages and rooms can be booked up to 499 days in advance. | - 2016-06-08 08:06:03 [update] |999||The news this week from the Orlando area and the Walt Disney World Resort is nothing short of heartbreaking. We mourn the lives of those lost. (For information on the stories out of Orlando this week, visit the Orlando Sentinel website here and here.) The PassPorter Team, like so many of you, are struggling to find the right words to express the grief, and the horror felt by those around the world and in the Disney community.
Members of the Walt Disney World community are planning a "Remembrance" in the Magic Kingdom on Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 11:30 pm. All are welcome. As Lin Manuel Miranda, creator and star of 'Hamilton", said when accepting the Tony award on Sunday night, "And love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love."
- 2016-06-15 07:06:23 [update] |999||Dessert parties will be available for both Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party this year. Reservations are now available for the "HalloWishes Fireworks Dessert Premium Package" and the "Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party." Dinner reservations are also available at The Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest, and Cinderella's Royal Table for party nights. Reservations can be made online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.| - 2016-06-27 09:06:59 [update] |999||Guests visiting "One Man's Dream" at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and the Sunset Showcase Theater at Disney California Adventure, will be able to get a preview of scenes from the upcoming Disney release, "Pete's Dragon." Previews begin on July 1, 2016, and the movie opens nationwide on August 12, 2016. | - 2016-06-28 10:06:00 [update] |999||The menus for 29 of the food booths at this year's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival have been announced. The festival will be held from September 14 - November 14, 2016. Two new food booths make appearances this year - Chocolate Studio and Islands of the Caribbean. A wine booth featuring California Wines is also new. For details please visit our friends at www.disneyfoodblog.com.| - 2016-07-11 13:07:03 [update] |999||Guests can begin booking premium events for the 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival on July 21, 2016 at 7:00 am eastern by calling 407-WDW-DINE. (Disney Visa cardholders can begin on July 19, 2016.) Events include the very popular "Party for the Senses" and the "Rockin Burger Block Party", as well as new events including four interactive culinary adventures at alongside the chefs at select Deluxe Resorts, the "Yelloween Masquerade Party for the Senses," the "Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It" entertaining work-shop. | - 2016-07-18 11:07:07 [update] |999||Friday, August 19, 2016 has been declared "PhotoPass Day" at Walt Disney World. Guests will enjoy special character meet and greets at all four theme parks and can take advantage of a free PhotoPass photo location at the theme parks and one location at Disney Springs. There will also be a "PhotoPass Challenge" - visit all of the designated Challenge locations on PhotoPass Day, then visit a PhotoPass center to receive a voucher for a free PhotoPass download. For details, visit the official PhotoPass Facebook page.| - 2016-08-16 07:08:53 [update] |999||The Disney Parks Moms Panel provides vacation planning assistance on the Disney World website, with the Disney "Moms" (the group includes both men and women) answering questions from guests around the world. The application for the 2017 panel opens at Noon eastern on September 7, 2016 and will remain open through Noon eastern on September 14, 2016. Visit www.MomsPanelSearch.com to apply! | - 2016-08-23 10:08:42 [update] |999||As confirmed cases of Zika Virus spread through south Florida, Walt Disney World is taking precautions by offering guests free insect repellent. "“In an abundance of caution, we are accelerating preventative efforts throughout our property, including providing complimentary insect repellent to our Guests along with helpful guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention,” Disney said in an emailed statement. ”We have an extensive mosquito-prevention and monitoring program in place, and we continue to work closely with local, state and federal experts on this topic.” Resort rooms will have aerosol cans of repellent and the theme parks, water parks, and ESPN Wide World of Sports complex will offer various types of repellent. | - 2016-08-29 09:08:00 [update] |999||Walt Disney World is draining and filling in the pool of River Country, the abandoned water park that closed in 2002. This is part of Disney's ongoing effort to manage the mosquito population. | - 2016-08-30 10:08:07 [update] |999||Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party will feature exclusive PhotoPass shots this year featuring the Headless Horseman, the Grim Grinning Ghosts, and more! Guests with Memory Maker will have access to these spook-tacular pictures in their My Disney Experience account. Guests with PhotoPass will have the option to purchase these photos through the PhotoPass website. | - 2016-09-06 08:09:37 [update] |999||Beginning October 10, 2016, the parade dining package at Tony's Town Square will include reserved eating for the Festival of Fantasy parade. This package is available at lunch for $45 per person (ages 10+), and $17 per child (ages 3-9). Reservations for the Festival of Fantasy package will be taken beginning September 13, 2016. | - 2016-09-13 11:09:18 [update] |999||Adventures by Disney has announced a new, adult-only Rhine River Cruise for October 21, 2017. The voyage, which coincides with the 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, will feature enhanced food and wine offerings both onboard and ashore. Disney Master Sommelier Brian Koziol and Disneyland's Culinary Director John Slate will be onboard the ship and will have have sessions onboard. Reservations for this sailing begin September 30, 2016. | - 2016-09-19 13:09:11 [update] |999||Due to the impact of Hurricane Matthew last week, Walt Disney World closed it's theme parks early on Thursday, October 6, and remained closed on October, 7, 2016. The Friday, October 7, 2016 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party was cancelled. The theme parks, water parks, and Disney Springs reopened on Saturday, October 8, 2016. Luckily, Orlando was spared a direct hit of the Hurricane and damage was minimal. | - 2016-10-10 13:10:19 [update] |999||There are only 230 people in the world certified as Master Sommeliers by the Court of Master Sommeliers and George Miliotes is one of them. Previously, Miliotes was the General Manager of the California Grill from 1995 to 2002. He returns to Walt Disney World in the Fall of 2017 with "Wine Bar George" in Disney Springs. Wine Bar George will feature more than 100 wine selections from around the globe as well as small plates featuring cheese and charcuterie from local artisans. | - 2016-10-11 08:10:59 [update] |999||Mickey Mouse will be celebrating his birthday on November 18. To make the most of the celebration, Mickey has left on a trip around the world and will be making surprise appearances in iconic locations around the globe. Follow Mickey on his new Instagram page or use the hashtag #HappyBirthdayMickey to follow along. Guests who are at Disneyland and Walt Disney World on November 18 will receive a special commemorative "Happy Birthday, Mickey!" pins and will enjoy a special birthday celebration. (A pre-parade celebration in Disneyland and a special edition of the "Move it! Shake it! Dance & Play it! Street Party" at Walt Disney World.)| - 2016-10-24 11:10:56 [update] |999||Private, shaded cabanas located near Space Mountain will soon be available to rent. The cabanas are for up to eight people for an entire day and cost $691 including tax. The rental includes locked storage, charging stations, sunscreen, water and soft drinks, and snacks. The cabanas can be booked by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. | - 2016-11-21 12:11:20 [update] |999||The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will return in 2017 for a record-breaking 75 days! The 2017 Festival will be held August 31 - November 13, 2017. (Yes - August.) | - 2016-11-28 16:11:39 [update] |999||The private Cabanas at the Magic Kingdom will be available for rent at a discounted rate - $499 per day - from January 17 - February 17, 2017. (The usual rate is $649 per day.)| - 2017-01-09 09:01:02 [update] |999||The new Castle Welcome show began this week, allowing Magic Kingdom security to move the security checkpoints further from the park entrance. There is now a baggage check table and metal detector at the end of the walkway from the Contemporary, one set of tables and metal detectors to the right of the entrance for guests using the bus, and another set of baggage check tables and metal detectors towards the entrance for guests using the launches and monorails. All guests now are required to go through the metal detectors. Hopefully this will ease the congestion at the parks entrance. | - 2017-01-10 09:01:43 [update] |999||On April 14, 2017, Disney's Hollywood Studios will host a one-night, after hours "Star Wars: Galactic Nights" event. This event is from 7:00 pm - Midnight and requires separate admission. Admission is $129 per adult (ages 10+) and $124 per child (ages 3-9). An Annual Passholder discount is available. Guests are encouraged to dress in Star Wars costumes (costume guidelines apply) while they enjoy exclusive entertainment, Star Wars cast member meet and greets, scavenger hunts, etc.
| - 2017-01-11 12:01:16 [update]