||PassPorter's Walt Disney World 2013 Update Description||8||The new Disney Vacation Account gives guests planning a trip to Disney a way to budget and save for their vacation. The Disney Vacation Account allows guests to set up recurring contributions to a non-interest bearing savings account. When guests use their accrued money on a Disney vacation, they can earn a $20 Disney gift card for every $1000 used towards a Disney Vacation. For more information, check out Jennifer's recent blog post.| - 2013-12-30 11:12:42 [update] |30||Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort can now complete Online Check-In up to 60 days prior to arrival. | - 2013-01-15 11:01:37 [update] |33||Much to the relief of coffee lovers, Disney Parks & Resorts is replacing Nescafe as their coffee supplier. Joffrey's Coffee and Tea Co. has signed a long-term deal with Disney to supply their products to Disney Parks & Resorts and even create exclusive blends to be sold on-site and to take home.| - 2013-02-11 13:02:00 [update] |33||If you are an AT&T wireless user, you can expect to see better coverage at Disney going forward. Disney Parks and AT&T announced that AT&T is now the official wireless provider for Disney Parks in the US. Part of the agreement includes AT&T adding cell sites, antennas, and other technology to boost mobile users performance. | - 2013-07-23 12:07:39 [update] |36||ESVs (Electric Standing Vehicles) are now available in Walt Disney World theme parks as an alternative for guests with disabilities who currently use a Segway, which are banned for use by guests. The four-wheeled ESV is similar to a Segway but differs in many ways including the footprint, the weight limit, and the steering. According to MousePlanet.com, there are only one or two available in each theme park.| - 2013-06-11 12:06:39 [update] |36||A new refillable mug program - Rapid Fill - will be rolled out this summer beginning at Disney's All Star Resorts. The new mugs have a chip in them that allows guests to have the mug programmed for multiple days, up to the length of their stay. (Stay must be consecutive - cannot be 7 days now, 3 days later!) During the term of their mug program, guests can get refills at ANY resort's soda station. Guests on the Disney Dining Plan will receive the mug for the length of their stay.| - 2013-07-08 17:07:59 [update] |49||The Boardwalk Bakery is scheduled to reopen on Friday, April 26, 2013. The bakery will feature an expanded menu as well as a new queue area. | - 2013-04-23 13:04:12 [update] |62||The Pepper Market at Disney's Coronado Springs is now an a la carte menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The previous buffet at breakfast and lunch has been discontinued. | - 2013-01-02 10:01:16 [update] |88||Due to a manufacturer's defect, the mini-fridges are being removed from Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland, and Aulani resort rooms. (Exceptions are Art of Animation and All Star Music Family Suites, Disney Vacation Club Villas, and the Cabins at Fort Wilderness.) The fridges are being replaced over time. All fridges are expected to be replaced within the next few months. (Rumor has it that it will actually only take a few weeks but just in case...)
| - 2013-07-16 10:07:56 [update] |120||The MyMagic+ bracelet is coming to Walt Disney World this Spring. (We had previously reported on the patent pending for this item back in October.) The RFID-enabled wrist bands or "bracelets" will allow guests to move about the parks with ease, unencumbered by bags or wallets. The bracelets will be encoded to function as park admission, room key, charge card, and FASTPASS, as well as with information that will assist Cast Members and even characters to interact with you. The bracelets will also interact with hidden sensors around the parks, allowing Disney to monitor guest movement, crowd levels, and queue interactions. Guests can choose how much information to share via the bracelets, or to opt out completely. And as predicted by your faithful Newsletter Editor on last week's PassPorter Moms Podcast, guests will be able to accesorize their MyMagic+ bracelets with charms, etc, available for purchase.
| - 2013-01-08 09:01:44 [update] |120||Beginning December 18, 2013, Animal Kingdom will no longer offer regular FASTPASS to guests. This is officially a test period but no end date has been announced. FastPass+ will be available. Guests who are staying at a Walt Disney World resort and those with MagicBands can make their FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance of their visit. Guests who are staying off-site or who do not have MagicBands can choose their FASTPASS+ times on the day of their visit using the FastPass+ kiosks. | - 2013-12-16 15:12:50 [update] |120||Select guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge this week were asked to test out the new My Magic + program, specifically the My Magic + wristbands and the FASTPASS + option. Accessories for the My Magic + wristbands are not being sold at both resorts. If you were one of the lucky testers, email us at email@example.com with your experience! | - 2013-06-25 10:06:52 [update] |121||Animal Kingdom will celebrate it's 15th birthday on Earth Day - April 22, 2013. The festivities kick off at 8:40 am with a special Opening Ceremony and continue throughout the day with a "Party for the Planet" - interactions and activities focusing on animals and nature. Special food and beverage options as well as merchandise will be available. | - 2013-04-09 12:04:30 [update] |121||Similar to the Wheelchair/ECV rental policy, Walt Disney World now has a list of preferred vendors for stroller rental companies. Only preferred vendors (Orlando Stroller Rentals, Kingdom Stroller, and Magic Strollers) will be allowed to pick up and drop off strollers and other rental items such as high chairs, etc. at the Bell Services desk. All other vendors will have to make arrangements to meet their guests and personally deliver the rental items.
| - 2013-09-03 16:09:48 [update] |121||Vera Bradley will launch a new collection of Disney-inspired bags and accessories this fall, to be sold at Disney parks. The first two patterns, a black pattern named "Midnight with Mickey"; and a pink pattern named "Just Mousing Around," will be available on duffel bags, tote bags, and more. (Editor's Note: Sara is already saving her pennies...)
| - 2013-03-05 11:03:45 [update] |122||Universal Orlando has increased the cost of their 1-day, 1-park admission to $92 plus tax. Historically, Walt Disney World admission prices follow Universal's price increases so stay tuned! | - 2013-05-21 11:05:16 [update] |122||Guests who buy one-day tickets at Walt Disney World will now have the following options:
1-Day Magic Your Way Magic Kingdom® Ticket
1-Day Magic Your Way Epcot® or Disney’s Hollywood Studios® or Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Ticket
1-Day Magic Your Way Park Hopper® Ticket
1-Day Magic Your Way Water Park Fun & More Ticket
1-Day Magic Your Way Park Hopper® & Water Park Fun & More Ticket
A one-day admission to the Magic Kingdom is now $5 more per person than a one-day admission to Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. A one-day ticket to the Magic Kingdom is now $95 plus tax per adult/$89 plus tax per child ages 3-9. A one-day ticket to the three other theme parks is $90 plus tax per adult/$84 plus tax per child ages 3-9.
- 2013-06-04 09:06:30 [update] |122||Guests no longer have the option to add the "No Expiration" option to their Walt Disney World tickets online. The option is still available for purchase, but it must be purchased by phone or in person at a Walt Disney World theme park ticket window.| - 2013-01-28 11:01:22 [update] |122||Beginning January 1, 2013, Walt Disney World Premium Annual Passholders will only receive a 10% discount on merchandise (previously the discount was 20%). | - 2013-01-01 11:01:49 [update] |122||Beginning March 23, 2013, Walt Disney World and Disneyland will require guests to be at least 14 years old to enter the parks unaccompanied. Children under 14 must be accompanied by a guest 14 or older in order to enter the theme parks, DisneyQuest, or the water parks. | - 2013-03-19 11:03:04 [update] |122||New Annual Passholders now receive plastic passes with an embedded RFID chip (similar to a Key to the World card) that will allow Annual Passholders to utilize the MyMagic+ system including Pastpass+, once the system is available, as well as the RFID-enabled admission check points at the theme parks. Current Annual Passholders can exchange their paper passes for the new cards at Epcot's Odyssey Center until May 19, 2013.| - 2013-03-19 11:03:50 [update] |123||Disney has released a new offer for Military Families including discounts on tickets and room rates at Walt Disney World and Disneyland between September 29, 2013 and September 24, 2014. For details, visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rate/| - 2013-07-22 18:07:52 [update] |124||Car fans and gear heads will want to check out Downtown Disney this weekend for Car Masters Weekend. In addition to meet & greets with "Cars" characters such as Lightning McQueen and Mater, guests can check out over 150 exotic, muscle, and classic cars on display. | - 2013-06-11 12:06:27 [update] |124||Monorail Black will be sporting a new super hero costume - the train has been given an Iron Man 3 wrap. Iron Man 3 opens in theaters on May 3, 2013.| - 2013-03-26 10:03:54 [update] |132||Merida, heroine of Disney-Pixar's Brave, is being named to the Disney Princess Royal Court on May 11, 2013. The ceremony begins at 9:30 am in front of Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom and will feature all 10 official Disney Princesses.| - 2013-05-07 10:05:30 [update] |132||The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, scheduled to open in the new Fantasyland section of the Magic Kingdom in 2014, is one step closer to completion. The first Mine Train ride vehicle was delivered this week! | - 2013-07-02 12:07:46 [update] |132||Princess Fairytale Hall, the new Princess meet and greet location in Walt Disney World's Fantasyland, will be open this fall! Guests will choose between Cinderella or Rapunzel, each of whom will be accompanied by another Disney Princess.| - 2013-08-27 10:08:49 [update] |132||An official opening day has been announced for Princess Fairytale Hall - September 18! As we previously discussed, Princess Fairytale Hall is the new character meeting location in Fantasyland for Cinderella and Rapunzel as well as other princesses.
| - 2013-09-03 12:09:06 [update] |132||Disney World has released new park maps that mimic the style of the maps found in the My Disney Experience app. The new maps are now oriented to the North, as on a traditional map.
| - 2013-03-05 09:03:46 [update] |133||Coinciding with the completion of New Fantasyland in 2014, a new parade is being introduced to the Magic Kingdom - the new Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade. The parade will feature fantastical floats, vibrantly-colored costumes and energetic performances. The Festival of Fantasy parade will feature characters from classic Disney animated films such as The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Dumbo, Pinocchio and Tangled, along with the new Disney/Pixar favorite Brave. An original score is being created for the parade.
| - 2013-04-29 16:04:12 [update] |133||Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco was named MVP at last Sunday's Super Bowl, and continued a longstanding tradition by announcing that next he is, "Going to Disney World!" Making good on his promise, Flacco and family members appeared in the afternoon parade at the Magic Kingdom on Monday, February 4, 2013.
| - 2013-02-05 10:02:02 [update] |134||The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has added a 'Sofia the First' makeover that features a Sofia-inspired hairstyle, light make-up, nail polish and delicate accessories perfect for younger princesses. The Pirates League has "plussed up" two of their existing packages by adding the "Mermaid Deluxe Package" and the "Jake and the Neverland Pirates Deluxe Package." These packages have all the features of the original packages but have added elements such as costumes and accessories. | - 2013-06-25 10:06:58 [update] |139||A new interactive quest is coming to Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom. Guests will help Captain Jack Sparrow find the hidden treasure in Adventureland by using a pirate map and magic talisman. Along they way they may have to battle the British Royal Navy or Captain Barbossa in one of five different quests. A Pirate's Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas is coming to the Magic Kingdom this Spring 2013. | - 2013-01-23 10:01:39 [update] |140||ABC has given the thumbs-up to a pilot for a live-action television series based on the Big Thunder Mountain attraction. A pilot is a long way from the TV series actually being produced, but it is the first step!
| - 2013-02-05 10:02:38 [update] |145||Rapunzel's Tower has been raised in Fantasyland, and will be home to a new Meet & Greet area for Rapunzel. The tower is located at the far edge of Fantasyland, next to It's a Small World and directly behind the Haunted Mansion, creating a new skyline for the Haunted Mansion.
| - 2013-02-05 10:02:07 [update] |157||Habit Heroes, an interactive attraction at Innoventions at Epcot, is now open. The attraction helps guests learn about good habits such as exercise, nutrition, and hydration by using these habits to fight the "enemies" - dehydration, poor nutrition, and inactivity. Habit Heroes originally appeared in February 2012 but was closed almost immediately after Disney was criticized for perpetuating stereotypes against larger-sized people by using larger-sized cartoons as the bad guys. The new attractions is a complete remake and shares only the name with its predecessor. | - 2013-01-22 11:01:09 [update] |165||From the Disney Food Blog: A new "tapas" or small plates restaurant may be breaking ground along the waterfront, near the Mo' Rockin' stage in the Moroccan pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase. "Tapaz" is said to be featuring tapas, small plates, olive oils, and ingredients from specific Moroccan regions for guests to enjoy by region or mix and match. The ground breaking is rumored to happen this month!| - 2013-01-08 11:01:55 [update] |172||The "Glow With the Show" Ears, already popular at Disneyland, will be coming to Walt Disney World beginning October 15! As at Disneyland, the Mickey Ear hats will light up and interact with Wishes at the Magic Kingdom (beginning October 19) and Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios (beginning October 15).| - 2013-09-10 07:09:23 [update] |173||From March 25 - April 4, Disney';s Hollywood Studios guests will have the option to purchase "To Go" meals that include reserved seating for Fantasmic! The Boxed Meals must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance by calling 407-WDW-DINE. There are five adult menu options ranging from fried chicken to sushi, and two kids options. The number of meals purchased is the number of reserved seats you will have for Fantasmic!, and guests must choose their show time in advance. If you're using Disney Dining Plan, the meals are one counter service credit per person. Meals can be picked up at Min & Bill's Dockside Diner from 11:00 am - 8:00 pm.| - 2013-03-12 11:03:05 [update] |173||The Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun parade and the Disney Channel Rocks Street Show will both be ending on April 6, 2013. No replacements have been announced. | - 2013-03-26 10:03:48 [update] |175||The Star Wars Droid Factory has expanded! In addition to the existing location at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Tatooine Traders, a new location has been added in Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney. And in Disneyland, a Droid Factory has been added to The Star Trader in Tomorrowland. | - 2013-04-17 14:04:53 [update] |177||This week (August 12 - 18, 2013) guests ages 6-13 can audition for a special "Juniors Edition" of the American Idol Experience. Guests can audition from park open until 4:00 pm daily, with the show taking place at 6:00 pm. While no American Idol "Dream Tickets" will be given, winners will have the chance to audition for a Disney producer. | - 2013-08-13 11:08:35 [update] |177||Guests wishing to audition for the American Idol Experience at Disney Hollywood Studios can choose from nine new Spanish language songs that have been added to the playlist. The list includes contemporary Spanish language songs as well as Spanish translations of classic Disney songs.| - 2013-03-19 12:03:58 [update] |183||Disney's Animal Kingdom celebrated it's 15 anniversary on Earth Day - April 22, 2013. Walt Disney World threw a "Party for the Planet" with special opening ceremonies, performances and events throughout the day. | - 2013-04-23 09:04:58 [update] |186||The popular 'Festival of the Lion King' show at Disney's Animal Kingdom will be moving a new theater in 2014. The new theater, currently under construction, is in the Harambe Village in the Africa section of the park. No official date has been announced for this move. | - 2013-07-29 15:07:00 [update] |187||Mickey and Minnie are now greeting guests of Disney's Animal Kingdom in their new home in Adventurer's Outpost on Discovery Island. The brand new indoor meet and greet area features photos and memorabilia from Mickey and Minnie's travels around the world. | - 2013-04-17 13:04:25 [update] |190||For a limited time, Walt Disney World is testing direct transportation from Downtown Disney to a Disney park. Guests have the option to take a bus from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney, daily between 3:00 pm and 1:00 am. The bus drops off at Downtown Disney's West Side, near the Cirque du Soleil Theatre. Guests can only use the return service from Downtown Disney to Animal Kingdom if they have parked their car at Animal Kingdom.
| - 2013-09-10 09:09:38 [update] |201||Blizzard Beach celebrated it's 18th birthday on April 1 by becoming the first park in Walt Disney World to complete the transition to RFID-enabled admission gates. The park first opened on April 1, 1995. | - 2013-04-02 09:04:32 [update] |201||Blizzard Beach will be offering free admission after 2:00 pm on May 9 and May 16, 2013, to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders. Annual Passholders will also be given free refreshments from Lottawatta Lodge on these afternoons. | - 2013-04-17 13:04:46 [update] |205||Team Mickey, the athletic-inspired store in Downtown Disney is closing and will be replaced in Spring 2014 by the Marketplace Co-Op. The Co-Op will feature six smaller shops, each with a different focus.| - 2013-11-12 10:11:55 [update] |205||Multiple web sites are reporting that Disney is considering a change to Downtown Disney in Orlando. Rumor has it the plans include a multi-level parking structure, a walking bridge between the current Marketplace area near Cap'n Jack's and Disney's Saratoga Springs Congress Park area, and significant changes to Pleasure Island. | - 2013-02-19 09:02:45 [update] |205||Beautifully Disney, a new cosmetics line to be sold by Disney Parks, will premier on March 2 at both Disney Vault 28 at Disneyland Resort's Downtown Disney, and at Tren-D at Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney. Make-up artists will be on hand in both locations from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm to do mini-makeovers using the products.
| - 2013-02-26 11:02:09 [update] |205||Downtown Disney is becoming Disney Springs! Disney has confirmed the multi-year remodel of Downtown Disney. The new Disney Springs will feature more shopping, dining and entertainment options for guests with over 150 establishments. The Marketplace and the West Side will keep their names and many of their current business with the Marketplace adding a walking bridge to Saratoga Springs and an expanded World of Disney! The former Pleasure Island will become the Town Center, with shopping and dining options, and the Landing with dining along the waterfront. Construction will begin in April 2013 and be completed in 2016. | - 2013-03-14 10:03:11 [update] |205||Ridley Pearson, Author of the "Kingdom Keepers" series, will be in Walt Disney World to promote the newest installment, "Kingdom Keepers VI: Dark Passage" which releases next week. On April 10, 2013, he will be at Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney from 4:00 - 6:00 pm. On April 11, 2013, he will be at The Writer's Stop at Disney's Hollywood Studios from 9:30 - 11:30 am. Disney will have a limited number of wristbands at each signing which will allow the wearer to get up to two books signed. Once the wristbands are gone, the line will be closed. Guests must purchase at least one book at the location on the day of the event.
| - 2013-04-01 09:04:48 [update] |206||Captain Jack's Restaurant at Downtown Disney has closed as of August 17, 2013. The closure is part of the conversion of Downtown Disney to Disney Springs, a retail and dining destination that will also include two parking garages. Disney Springs is scheduled to be completed in 2016. | - 2013-08-20 09:08:39 [update] |208||Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba will be offering a "Local Heroes" discount for Florida police, fire fighters and EMS personnel. The 35% discount is on Category 3 seats for performances Tuesday - Saturday from January 29 - March 9, 2013. All other Florida Residents are being offered a 25% discount on Category 2 seats. | - 2013-01-22 11:01:32 [update] |215||The newest Senses - A Disney Spa location at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort will open on July 25, 2013. Reservations are now being accepted by calling 407-WDW-SPAS.| - 2013-06-18 10:06:51 [update] |216||Registration opened on April 9, 2013 for the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. runDisney has announced some changes and additions to the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon:
- The marathon course will be the same as in 2013
- The number of runners is being reduced, to allow more space on the course
- Runners are being asked to provide proof of time, if possible, to allow more accurate corral assignments
- Additional corrals are being added
- Women's cut tech shirts will now be available
| - 2013-04-09 13:04:24 [update] |216||The Walt Disney World Princess Half Marathon Weekend is February 20 - 23, 2014. Registration is now open for all events including the Princess Half Marathon, the Enchanted 10k, the Royal Family 5k, and the new Glass Slipper Challenge. The Glass Slipper Challenge combines the 10k and the Half Marathon. | - 2013-06-11 12:06:21 [update] |216||Rachel Booth repeated as the winner of the 2013 Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World this past weekend. She won the same title in 2012, and was the top woman finisher in the 2010 and 2011 Disneyland Half Marathons.| - 2013-02-26 11:02:39 [update] |216||runDisney has announced a new event for the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - a 10k race. This is an addition to the existing 5k, half marathon, and full marathon. For those who think the Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge isn't much of a challenge - you can take on the Dopey Challenge - all FOUR races!| - 2013-03-26 10:03:46 [update] |223||From the Disney Food Blog: Disney has increased the cost of the Quick Service, Standard, and Deluxe Disney Dining Plans for all rack rate bookings made on or after June 17, 2013. Exact pricing is unconfirmed but this is what we know so far: Disney Dining Plan Prices|
Quick-Service Dining Plan
$39.64 per night ages 10 and up (no seasonal pricing)
$15.75 per night age 3 to 9 (no seasonal pricing)
(Increase from earlier 2013 pricing of $37.58 and $14.32)
Standard Dining Plan
$58.66 per night ages 10 and up (may be a dollar or so lower depending on season)
$18.88-$20 per night age 3 to 9 (depending on season)
(Increase from earlier 2013 pricing of $51.54 and $15.02 during standard seasons and $56.94 and $18.16 in peak seasons)
Deluxe Dining Plan
$102.94-$104 per night ages 10 and up (depending on season)
$28-$29.51 per night ages 3 to 9 (depending on season)
(Increase from earlier 2013 pricing of $99.97 and $26.84 during standard seasons and $102.27 and $28.91 in peak seasons)
- 2013-06-25 10:06:29 [update] |228||Guests with dietary restrictions and food allergies can now visit the Gardens Kiosk, located on Discovery Island next to the Adventurer's Outpost, for information on dining at Disney as well as purchasing pre-packaged snacks including popcorn, chips, hummus, granola bars, and even gluten-free beer! The kiosk is open daily from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
| - 2013-08-05 16:08:29 [update] |232||The first Starbucks Coffee signs have appeared at the Main Street Bakery in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. The Main Street Bakery is currently closed for a refurbishment that will include the introduction of Starbucks coffee and drinks to the menu, in addition to select favorites from the Main Street Bakery menu. The Bakery is expected to reopen early summer so it could be soon! Decent coffee may soon be within reach at the Magic Kingdom!
| - 2013-05-28 09:05:14 [update] |234||The new Les Halles Boulangerie & Pattiserie in Epcot's France pavilion is now open. Les Halles opens each morning at 9:00 am, two hours prior to the World Showcase official opening at 11:00 am, so guests can enjoy a quiet petit dejeuner (breakfast) before enjoying the rest of the World Showcase. Les Halles offers an expansive menu of sandwiches, soups, salads, quiche, and desserts.
| - 2013-01-15 11:01:28 [update] |235||The new Fountain View Starbucks is officially open in Future World at Epcot. The cafe serves standard Starbucks items including food and beverages. | - 2013-09-10 09:09:49 [update] |235||The Electric Umbrella in Future World at Epcot is now offering a Macaroni & Cheese Burger. Check out the Disney Food Blog for pictures!| - 2013-09-03 13:09:29 [update] |236||Beginning on January 16, 2013, Epcot's Le Cellier will serve the same menu all day, for both lunch and dinner. While the popular cheddar cheese soup made the cut, sadly, the burger did not!| - 2013-01-15 11:01:55 [update] |239||Mickey's Halloween Party will be held at Disneyland on select nights September 27 - October 31, 2013. Disneyland Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club owners, and Disney Visa Cardholders can purchase tickets now, ticket sales open to the general public on July 15, 2013. | - 2013-07-09 09:07:52 [update] |251||Raglan Road at Downtown Disney will now offer the "Rollicking Raglan Sunday Brunch" every Sunday from 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. Entertainment begins at Noon featuring the House Band and Raglan Road Dancers. The menu is a la carte and features a variety of breakfast and brunch items. | - 2013-01-22 11:01:56 [update] |251||
Raglan Road, the Irish pub at Orlando's Downtown Disney is, understandably, the central hub of St. Patrick's Day celebrations this year. The festivities get under way on March 8 with performances by The Willis Clan in the pub and by Nova Celtic on a nearby outdoor stage. March 14-17 will include musical performances, dances, and more. On March 16 the pub will require a $5 cover charge, and March 17 there will be a $10 cover. (And for Red Sox Fans among us, Dropkick Murphys, the Boston-area Irish Punk band, will be at the House of Blues on March 2!)| - 2013-02-26 11:02:37 [update] |252||Four food trucks, owned and operated by Disney, will be debuting at Downtown Disney over the coming months, with the first arriving later this fall. The food trucks which each be themed after a different Disney park. The Enchanted Fare truck will serve favorites from Disney parks around the globe, including the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, and Hong Kong Disneyland. The World Showcase of Flavors truck will feature items from the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. The Superstar Catering truck will feature Hollywood-inspired meatball creations. The Namaste Cafe will feature Indian-inspired cuisine, served with Naan bread.| - 2013-09-11 10:09:53 [update] |255||California Grill will re-open on September 9, 2013 after an extensive refurbishment. Guests can begin making advanced dining reservations on August 26, 2013. | - 2013-08-19 15:08:38 [update] |255||A sneak peek at the California Grill's new menu has been unveiled over at the Disney Parks Blog. When this restaurant at Walt Disney World's Contemporary Resort re-opens in late summer 2013, some of the guests' favorite dishes will have had a makeover. The Sushi menu will be updated, and the classic pork and polenta will become "Pork Two Ways." One of the new items on the menu is a bound-to-be-popular braised short rib with truffled mashed potatoes.| - 2013-01-29 09:01:27 [update] |257||AAA awards its prestigious Five-Diamond Award to very few restaurants each year. And even fewer, only 10 restaurants in the U.S., have won it 14 years in a row! The award recognizes "Haute cuisine at its best" and service that "exceeds guest expectations." | - 2013-06-04 10:06:02 [update] |266||The 2013 Candlelight Processional Packages are now available to book by calling 407-WDW-DINE. The package includes dinner and reserved seating in Epcot's America Gardens Theatre for one of showings of the Candlelight Processional. (Which showing depends on the time of your meal.) The package is available for lunch-only at Le Cellier. It is available lunch and dinner at Biergarten, Nine Dragons, Restaurant Marrakesh, Rose & Crown, Via Napoli, San Angel Inn, Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, Tutto Italia and Chefs de France. It is available for dinner-only at Garden Grill and La Hacienda de San Angel.
| - 2013-07-09 09:07:52 [update] |266||More spots have been filled for the Epcot Candlelight Processional Narrator schedule. Performances are nightly at 5:00, 6:45, and 8:15 p.m. at America Gardens Theater stage during the holiday season.The current schedule (subject to change):|
Nov. 29-Dec. 1: Gary Sinise
Dec. 2-3: Neil Patrick Harris
Dec. 4-5: Ashley Judd
Dec. 6-7: Whoopi Goldberg
Dec 8-10: Sigourney Weaver
Dec. 11-13: Dennis Haysbert
Dec. 14-16: James Denton
Dec. 17-19: Edward James Olmos
Dec. 20-22: Trace Adkins
Dec. 23-25: TBA
Dec. 26-28: Blair Underwood
Dec. 29-30: Amy Grant
- 2013-08-27 10:08:52 [update] |266||A tentative schedule for the Candlelight Processional Narrators has been announced. Schedule subject to change. (In fact, likely already has by the time you read this!)|
• TBA November 29 – December 4
• Ashley Judd December 5
• Whoopi Goldberg December 6-7
• TBA December 8-10
• Dennis Haysbert December 11-13
• James Denton December 14-16
• Edward James Olmos December 17-19
• Trace Adkins December 20-22
• TBA December 23-25
• Blair Underwood December 26-28
• TBA December 29
• Amy Grant December 30
- 2013-07-16 10:07:37 [update] |267||The 2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival will be held September 27 - November 11, 2013 and will feature food and drink from around the world. One new booth this year will be Scotland, featuring classic Scottish dishes (wonder if there will be Haggis?) and a Rusty Nail - a scottish cocktail featuring Scotch whisky and Drambuie. Among those returning will be popular favorites Brazil, Hawaii, and Terra - a vegan food booth.| - 2013-05-21 11:05:59 [update] |273||Keep Moving Forward: See the World, Share the Dream - the last remaining Segway Tour at Epcot has been cancelled. Guests with existing reservations are being contacted. | - 2013-02-19 08:02:42 [update] |276||Sofia the First, from the popular Disney Junior show, will begin character meet and greets outside the "Disney Junior - Live on Stage!" show at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Sunday, August 11, 2013. | - 2013-08-05 16:08:02 [update] |279||Memory Maker is the latest offering from Disney's PhotoPass service. The Memory Maker package includes digital downloads of all of your PhotoPass pictures including select attractions, character meals, and dinner shows. The package is strictly digital and does not include any hard copies of photos, unlike the PhotoPass+ which Memory Maker is replacing. Memory Maker can be added to your Walt Disney Travel Company package or purchased in advance of your trip by visiting www.mydisneyexperience.com/memorymaker| - 2013-12-16 15:12:04 [update] |288||Disney Parks will celebrate the start of a "Monstrous" Summer on May 24 with 24 hours of fun at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. The parks will open at 6:00 am on May 24 and remain open until 6:00 am on May 25, 2013.
| - 2013-04-30 14:04:24 [update] |288||The most sought after souvenir from the 2012 Star Wars Weekends is back for 2013! At the D-Tech Me location at Disney's Hollywood Studios, guests can now choose from being frozen in Carbon or being reimagined as a Stormtrooper. The process takes only 10 minutes and uses a 3D Face Scanner to capture your image for use in either figurine. The cost is $99.95 plus tax per figurine. Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-TECH and a credit card guarantee is required. A $25 cancellation fee will apply for cancellations les than 48 hours prior to your appointment.| - 2013-05-07 10:05:39 [update] |288||This Friday, May 17, 2013 is the official opening of Star Wars Weekends 2013 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Celebrity Hosts James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein will be on hand each weekend between May 17 and June 9, 2013. For a line-up of events each weekend, check out the Disney Parks Blog.
| - 2013-05-13 17:05:52 [update] |288||Guests can now purchase tickets for Night of Joy (September 6 - 7, 2013), Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (select nights September 10 - November 1, 2013), and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (select nights November 8 - December 20, 2013). Ticket prices for special events vary by date. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the Walt Disney World events website.| - 2013-05-14 09:05:01 [update] |288||July 1 - 7, 2013 will be "Independence Week" at Disney Parks. Special patriotic fireworks displays will be held nightly at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World and at Disneyland. Walt Disney World is also adding a patriotic pre-parade processional (say that three times fast!) to the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade. Keep an eye out for specially themed snacks and merchandise as well! | - 2013-06-18 10:06:44 [update] |288||The 2013 Star Wars Weekends will be held on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, between May 17 - June 9, 2013 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein will be returning as Celebrity Hosts for this event. | - 2012-12-27 16:12:16 [update] |288||2013 is the "Year of the Ear" at Disney! As part of the "Limited Time Magic" celebration, each month Disney will release new ear hats. The limited-release Disney Couture Ear Hats kick it off and are now available at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. | - 2013-01-01 11:01:49 [update] |288||The 2014 Night of Joy Concert Series will take place at Disney's Magic Kingdom on September 5 and 6, 2014. This event is an after-hours event that requires separate admission which will go on sale this Spring. The current line-up (subject to change):|
Friday, September 5, 2014
- Hillsong United
- Chris Tomlin
- Matthew West
- For King & Country
- Building 429
- Matt Maher
- The Neverclaim
Saturday, September 6, 2014
- Casting Crowns
- Israel Houghton & New Breed
- Britt Nicole
- Colton Dixon
- Rhett Walker
- We As Human
- One Girl Nation
- 2013-12-30 19:12:29 [update] |288||The 2013 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival will not open until March 6, but one garden is already open for guests to enjoy! The Land of Oz Garden is the largest ever created for the festival at almost 1/3 of an acre. The Garden features a yellow brick road, interactive play areas with carnival-style games, and a giant play structure. | - 2013-02-19 08:02:17 [update] |288||Just in time for Spring, Mr. and Mrs. Bunny (aka the Easter Bunnies) are appearing in the Magic Kingdom's Town Square Courtyard at Walt Disney World, daily until Easter Sunday, from 9:00 am - 5:10 pm.| - 2013-03-12 12:03:13 [update] |288||The 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will take place September 27 - November 11, 2013. Reservations for Premium Events begin at 7:00 am on August 13, 2013 by calling 407-WDW-FEST. But most exciting (for your friendly newsletter editor, anyway) is the fact that an ORANGE Dole Whip will be offered at this year's festival! And if you like, you can add a splash of creme de cacao on top. (I'm not a fan of pineapple, so this is right up my alley!) Check out booth menus and more on the Disney Parks Blog.| - 2013-07-30 10:07:30 [update] |289||Filming for the annual Disney's Christmas Day Parade (airing on ABC on December 25) will take place in the Magic Kingdom on Friday, December 6, 2013 and Saturday, December 7, 2013. The filming will affect shows and parades on both days. Check your times guide if you plan to be in the park these days.| - 2013-12-03 10:12:24 [update] |289||The 'Celebrate the Magic' show takes place nightly on Cinderella's Castle prior to Wishes. A new "Villains" segment has been added between now and November 1, 2013 in honor of the Halloween season! | - 2013-09-03 12:09:22 [update] |999||Disney Pixar announced a sequel to 'Finding Nemo.' The film will star Ellen DeGeneres, reprising her role as Dory, and will be released in November 2015. | - 2013-04-03 09:04:02 [update] |999||Annette Funicello was discovered at age 13 by Walt Disney himself and went on to become an original Mouseketeer in The Mickey Mouse Club and star in many projects for Disney. Annette died on Monday, April 9, 2013 after a lengthy illness. | - 2013-04-09 12:04:32 [update] |999||If you are going to be driving around Walt Disney World this weekend - Friday, January 10 - Sunday, January 12, 2014, be aware that some roads will be closed due to race routes. Pay close attention to signs and Cast Members directing traffic!| - 2014-01-07 11:01:24 [update] |999||In honor of Earth Day on April 22, this week's Limited Time Magic is "Earth Week." Special "Dirt" cupcakes can be found around the Walt Disney World Resort, along with special merchandise and other events along with a focus on "green" activities. | - 2013-04-23 12:04:12 [update] |999||D23, the official Disney fan club, is being redesigned. Beginning on June 17, 2013, the D23.com website will offer exclusive members-only content including video, photographs, interviews and more. D23 will also offer a free membership that will include access to the site, a subscription to the e-newsletter, access to exclusive merchandise and a discount on admission to the D23 Expo. | - 2013-05-21 11:05:43 [update] |999||On Saturday, August 10, 2013, Richard M. Sherman, and Alan Menken, composers of some of Disney's most popular music, will perform "The Disney Songbook." The Sherman Brothers (Brother Robert Sherman passed away in 2012) together wrote music for many beloved Disney films and attractions. Alan Menken composed the music featured in films including, "The Little Mermaid," "Beauty and the Beast," and "Aladdin." The concert will take place in the D23 Expo Arena and be broadcast to an overflow theater inside the convention center. This will be a VERY hot ticket so line up early!
| - 2013-05-28 10:05:12 [update] |999||The familiar purple buses that transport guests all over the Walt Disney World Resort are getting a makeover. They are being painted with a grey, red, and white design.
| - 2013-07-02 12:07:13 [update] |999||D23, Disney's official fan community, has confirmed the the D23 Expo will return to Anaheim in 2015. Dates to be announced later. (For a recap of the 2013 D23 Expo, check out this week's PassPorter Moms Podcast!)| - 2013-08-13 11:08:46 [update] |999||The Comedy Warehouse (formerly located at Pleasure Island prior to closing in 2008) is setting up shop in Disney's Hollywood Studios for the holidays. The holiday-themed improv shows will take place daily in the Premiere Theater from December 21 through January 5. Check the times guide for show times. | - 2013-12-16 15:12:41 [update] |999||2014 packages for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Aulani can be booked for travel up to 499 days in advance beginning on July 10, 2013. | - 2013-06-25 16:06:46 [update] |999||
A Disney's Magical Express bus was involved in an accident on August 16, 2013 outside of Epcot. Cast Member Solange Blain was killed when her vehicle, stranded in the left hand lane, was struck from behind by a Disney's Magical Express bus. No charges have been filed at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family members of those affected by the accident.| - 2013-08-20 09:08:12 [update] |999||Disney has announced JJ Abrams as the director of the latest installment in the Star Wars saga, Episode VII. JJ Abrams is well known for being one of the creators of the popular television series Lost, as well as having directed the most recent Star Trek films. (So clearly he has experience satisfying a devoted fan base, something he will need for this task!)
| - 2013-01-29 10:01:56 [update] |999||It's Christmas in July at Walt Disney World and Disneyland! This week enjoy special holiday treats and merchandise as part of Disney's Limited Time Magic celebration. (I'll have one of the Peppermint Hot Fudge Sundaes from Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor at Disneyland, please!)| - 2013-07-23 09:07:40 [update] |999||Disney previously announced plans to continue the Star Wars Saga with three more sequels. But this week Disney also announced that it is also planning three "spin-off" films that will focus on individual characters from the Star Wars Universe. (Please dear Disney - not Jar Jar Binks!) Rumor has it that Yoda will be one of the characters featured.
| - 2013-02-12 10:02:41 [update] |999||A housekeeping cast member was arrested by Osceola County detectives and charged with theft after she was caught on surveillance video stealing cash from guest rooms. She has been suspended without pay.
| - 2013-08-27 10:08:04 [update] |999||The 2013 Disney Legends Ceremony will be held on Saturday, August 10, 2013 at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, CA. The Honorees include former Imagineers Tony Baxter and Collin Campbell, visionary Steve Jobs, animator Glen Keane, and performers Billy Crystal, John Goodman, and Ed Wynn.
| - 2013-07-16 11:07:59 [update]