This hunt was originally held on December 5, 2001 (Walt's 100th
Birthday) during our PassPorter Gathering. Here was the description we wrote about it
before the hunt:
Spend three lively hours at Disney-MGM Studios exploring Walt Disney's
amazing creativity and accomplishments. This is a hunt for Disney's "treasure"
and prizes will be awarded. Registration is required, as is a $5/person entry fee to
defray costs of hunt materials and prizes for winners.
About the Hunt
We love to put on treasure hunts, and its become an annual tradition for us now.
Last year we hosted two huntsa treasure hunt through Adventureland and Frontierland,
and a photo hunt around the Seven Seas Lagoon. This years hunt focuses on all things
Walt within Disney-MGM Studios, the center of the activities for Walts 100th
birthday. Our treasure hunt is designed to be fun and friendly, with something for
everyone. To find Walts legacy, we have you hunt for answers to questions about Walt
or Walt-related things. Youre welcome to hunt competitively or
casuallywhatever suits you best. Just have a good time!
Treasure Hunt Rules
1. You may hunt as an individual or as a team of two (2) people (adult/adult or
adult/child). Please indicate your hunting status at the top of the hunt questions.
2. The answers to all 35 questions can be found within the park, and the ONLY attraction
you need to visit is One Mans Dream. You do not need to visit Mickey Avenue or the
New York Street Set.
3. Please be mindful of other guests; dont run, block their way, cut in front, or
otherwise hinder their enjoyment.
4. When you find an answer to a question, please write it in this booklet and be as
specific as possible.
5. The hunt will end promptly at 11:30 at the Backlot Express eatery. If you are more than
5 minutes late, we will need to deduct points out of fairness to other hunters. When you
are finished, we encourage you to get something to eat while you wait for our afternoon
events.(Note: We may not finish scoring your answers until later in the day.)
6. We will award two prizes: one prize to the individual with the most points, and one
prize to the team with the most points. Points will be based on the number of questions
answered correctly and completely.
7. Have fun!
If you have any questions at any time, please see Jennifer or Dave at the Backlot Express
eatery or walking throughout the park.
PassPorter Travel Press, an imprint
of MediaMarx, Inc.
Questions? Problems? E-Mail Us!
1. What year was Walt born?
2. 1928 was the year Walt introduced Mickey Mouse to the world. Can you find a California
license plate number from this year?
3. Pollyanna is one of those classic films Walt presented on his TV show. Where will you
find a studio production sign for it? What Disney character is on it?
4. When is the Walt Disney Imagineering holiday dinner?
5. Walt adored Abe Lincoln. Where can you find an unpainted bust of Mr. Lincoln?
6. Long before it was stylish, Walt believed in taking good care of his staff. In the
backlot can you find a Special Purchase Program for Walt Disney Productions employees for
Hobie Cat sailboats (of all things). What company is offering this deal?
7. Jiminy Cricket was created under the direction of Walt Disney himself. Find a book with
Jiminy on it (no, its not in a bookstore) and list the most prominent words on its
8. Cartoonist/animator Winsor McKay was a huge influence on Walt and many other artists.
Where will you find a tribute to McCays biggest star?
9. What is Walt reading in the darkroom?
10. How far did Walt have to fly when he was researching Walt Disney World?
11. Unlike the other autographs here, this Walt Disney autograph is not for
salethough it was originally worth $200. What did Walt sign, and where will you find
12. How old would Walt Disney have been today?
13. Gifts and treasures surround three statues of Mickey from the days of Walt. What films
do these statues represent, and where can you find them?
14. What are three of Mickey's Greatest Moments?
15. What year did Mickeys Good Deed happen?
16. What does WED stand for?
17. Where will you find the Studio News issues with Walt on the covers?
18. Walt loved trains. The landmark Pacific Electric garage went up in what landmark year
19. What was Walts middle name?
20. In this shop lined with vintage sporting photos (including a display dedicated to
Walts passion, polo) lurk photos of Walt sportinq about. Name three the sports
pictured in the photos of Walt:
21. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs premiered at the Carthay Circle Theater in 1937, with
Walt in attendance. Where in Disney-MGM Studios can you find the Carthay Circle Theater?
22. These trunks could have been Walts, as they are affixed with decals from
his Chicago birthplace, Missouri childhood home, and his California adult home. What other
two states are represented?
23. What is the Walt Disney quote that appears beneath The Cameraman?
24. What do these all have in common besides Walt Disney: Mickey Mouse, Alices
Wonderland, MAPO, the good fairies, Steamboat Willie, and Ronald Reagan?
25. Walt was honored in which Annual Television Academy Hall of Fame?
26. According to the guidemap, Walt was willing to bet everything on his what?
27. Walt loved to do things BIG! What is the size of Mickeys Sorcerers Hat in
One Mans Dream Questions
(The answers to these questions can be found within the One Mans Dream
attraction. If you decide to hunt for these, please allow at least 30 minutes.)
28. Walt is responsible for many animation "firsts," like the first film series
to feature a live actress interacting with an animated world (the Alice comedies). Name
three other animation "firsts" Walt achieved before 1950, and name the films in
which they occurred.
29. How many Academy Awards (Oscars) did Walt Disney receive?
30. On top of what piece of furniture can you find the Oscar for Walt Disneys Snow
White and the Seven Dwarfs?
31. In what year did Walt and his family move to Marceline, Missouri?
32. What was the first feature-length movie Walt saw as a boy?
33. What was the first full-color film of any kind ?
34. Walt built the set for a prototype mechanical song and dance act in what year?
35. What station is televising the Project X speech?
Need the answers? Look here.
Explore Some More
Search the entire site
Home to the top page
Or jump back to