What's New in PassPorter Walt Disney World 2001
Where do we start? The list of new features is extensive -- we count over 20 new features, not to mention all the changes and updates. The 2001 edition is not just a reprint of our previous 2000 edition! Rather, we listened carefully to your feedback and added the features you requested!
On the right is a near-exhaustive list of each of the new
features and items in PassPorter 2001. We organized them in the order that
you might encounter them as you flip through the book.
New Features in PassPorter 2001:
1. Disney Photographs: We're proud to announce that we're the first unofficial Disney travel guide to include actual photos of the Walt Disney World resort! You'll spot a magnificent photo of Epcot's Spaceship Earth with a monorail streaking by it on our cover, and 12 additional Disney photos of resorts, parks, and recreation within the text.
2. Enhanced Chapter Tabs: On the side of each page is a "tab bar" which not only shows what chapter you're currently in, but where to find other chapters in the book. This makes navigation simpler!
3. Detailed Room Layouts: Each resort description now offers a standard room layout drafted by PassPorter Travel Press. Drawings are clean and professional, and includes locations of things like ceiling fans, TVs, and lights.
4. Transportation Transit Time Chart: Wondering how long it takes to get from All-Star Movies to the Magic Kingdom? PassPorter knows! Every resort description features a chart of average times from the resort to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, and Downtown Disney for each transportation method (bus, boat, or walk).
5. Vacation Package Information: For those who prefer to use one of Disney's package vacations, we offer basic information and tips!
6. Disney Vacation Club: Two complete pages of information on the programs and tips to get the most out of it! Good for those considering joining the Disney Vacation Club and current DVC members.
8. Chart of Hotels Outside Disney: For all those who want information on off-property hotels and motels, we have them now with a handy chart that lists prices, distances from Disney, year built, descriptions, and phone numbers. Over 30 hotels listed!
8. Park Pass Prices: Want to know how much a ticket will cost in 2001? We've estimated prices based on historic data and placed prices per-day and per-pass in a handy-dandy chart so you can see at a glance which pass is most affordable.
9. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach: We spent gobs of time at these two water parks in 2000 (oh, what we do for research) and now offer complete descriptions in PassPorter 2001. Each four-page spread includes detailed attraction charts (just like those for the major parks), a detailed map, tips, and notes.
10. DisneyQuest: More of the kind of information you crave on this indoor amusement park, from full attraction charts (including the new attractions!) two a five-floor map to help you navigate the confusing layout.
11. New magical moments, tips, and quotes: Not only are all the magic moments (touching Disney stories from real people) new in this edition, all the tips are as well -- plus we've doubled the number of reader tips for each chapter! And we've got new rave reviews from our wonderful readers, plus fun stories of reader's adventures with their PassPorters.
12. Metric Measurements: For our international readers, we've added even more metric measurements alongside all of our regular measurements!
13. Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge: Though this new resort hasn't yet opened at the time of writing, PassPorter 2001 offers a full four-page description PLUS a detailed map based on blueprints and Disney's pre-opening maps.
13. Details on Pop Century and Beach Club Villas: New one-page peeks at these upcoming resort hotels.
14. Sneak Peeks at New Attractions: Get the dish on The Magic Carpets of Aladdin (at Magic Kingdom), "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire--Play It!" (at Disney-MGM Studios), and Mission: Space (at Epcot).
15. Kid-Friendly Ratings for Attractions: Dave's 8-year-old daughter, Allie, contributes her "A-OK!" ratings for each attraction at the major and minor parks.
16. Special Dining Opportunities: A full page of special meals, including Food Among the Flowers Brunch in the spring, wine-tasting dinners in the fall, and Christmas feasts in the winter.
17. Expanded Character Dining: More information and tips on character dining, and an expanded meal chart with descriptions.
18. Special Events and Holidays: Two new pages listing all the special events from sporting events, celebration, and festivals to holidays such as Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve.
19. Expanded Web Site Index: We include over 25% more Web sites in PassPorter, and then organize them in handy chart at the end of the book.
20. PassPorter PassAlongs: At the request of our readers, we've added tear-out squares you can give to family and friends who inquire about PassPorter and want more information. The PassAlongs come with amusing stories about PassPorter adventures, too!
21. Complete Update: Every page in PassPorter 2001 has changes -- either updates or additions. No stone was left unturned and no text ignored or out-of-date. This edition took as much time and effort to create as the previous 2000 edition!
Whew! Can you tell we've been busy? There's more, too! See the What's Changed and Updated for even more improvements to PassPorter 2001!