||PassPorter's Disneyland Resort Update Description||29||The Fountain pool and Redwood Slide at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel is closed for refurbishment through March 20, 2010. The Mariposa pool will remain open for the use of all hotel guests. Hotel guests may use the pools at the Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier Hotels during the refurbishment.| - 2010-01-28 15:09:04 [update] |39||Disneyland Hotel in California will be getting a makeover that involves a complete redesign of the Never Land Pool, a new immersive water play area, a brand new pool, a new restaurant and bar, and retheming of all three guest room towers! Changes will be coming on board in 2010-2012. To read more about the changes, visit The Disney Parks Blog.| - 2010-05-27 16:05:33 [update] |39||The folks at the Disney Parks Blog have been unveiling the newly-renovated "Signature Suites" in the resort's Dream Tower. Wednesday they delivered a tour of the western-styled Big Thunder Suite, intended to push the buttons (literally, as you'll see in a moment) of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad fans. In addition to attraction concept art and decorations related to the attraction, there are also sound effects scattered around the luxurious 1,400 sq. ft. suite, available at the push of a button. Other special suites include the Fairy Tale Suite, Mickey Mouse Penthouse and Pirates of the Caribbean Suite.| - 2010-08-26 15:08:22 [update] |79||May 27, 2011 - Mickey's Soundsational Parade will debut at Disneyland. June 3, 2011 - Disney California Adventure's newest attraction - The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure - will be having it's grand opening. Also that day over at Disneyland, Star Tours - The Adventure Continues, will open.| - 2011-03-01 13:03:32 [update] |81||Fees for Disneyland locker rentals have increased; small lockers (9.5"w, 11"h, 18"d) are now $7; medium lockers (12/5"w, 17"h, 18"d) are $10, large lockers (15"w, 16.6"h, 22.6"d) are $11, and jumbo lockers (16"w, 23"h, 22.6"d) are $12.|
Strollers and wheelchairs have also increased. Strollers are now $10 per day or 2 for $18. Manual wheelchairs are also $10 per day (a $20 refundable deposit is required to rent a wheelchair). An ECV (electronic wheelchair) is still $35 per day plus a $20 refundable deposit. For annual passholders: "stroller rental endorsements" will be given for $49 allowing one stroller rental per day. The number of stroller endorsements sold will be limited, though how limited is unknown.
- 2008-02-18 10:32:28 [update] |81||Disneyland Resort has introduced self-service, automated kiosks for stroller rentals. The four computerized terminals accept credit cards (no cash), the Disney Visa discount is available, and guests can rent up to five strollers for up to six days in a single transaction. When you've paid, you show your receipt to the Cast Members who are distributing the strollers. Yes, there are still live Cast Members at the stroller rental booths, too, if you prefer the human touch (or are spending cash).| - 2010-08-26 15:08:07 [update] |82||Disneyland Resort has announced a two days for $99 ticket for Southern California residents, available for purchase between now and April 14, at Disneyland ticket booths, the Disney Store, Vons, Albertsons, Ralphs, Stater Bros, Dearden's, Irvine Spectrum, Fashion Island, and Korea Daily. The offer is limited to residents of Southern California (zip codes 90000-93599) and North Baja California (21000-22999). The ticket gives you two, one-day, single park admissions, usable at either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure on any days between now and May 14, 2011. For $10 more the ticket can be converted to a park hopper.Click here for more details.| - 2011-01-06 12:01:56 [update] |82||Disneyland Resort increased admission prices this past Sunday, May 20, 2012. All admission types increased including Annual Passes. A 1-day, 1-park pass is now $87 per adult, $81 per child (ages 3 - 9), up from $80 and $74 respectively.| - 2012-05-22 09:05:44 [update] |82||CityPass for Southern California Attractions now adds a day at Universal Studios Hollywood to the existing benefits: A Three-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Bonus Ticket, and one day admission to Knott's Berry Farm, SeaWorld, and either the San Diego Zoo or San Diego Wild Animal Park. The price is now $247/$199| - 2008-02-22 17:18:15 [update] |82||During busy times, Disneyland guests now have the option to purchase admission through their internet-enabled phones. Visit m.disneyland.com, select the "buy tickets now from your mobile device" link, and choose from a 1-Day 1-Park base ticket or 1-Day Park Hopper ticket. (2-day tickets to be added soon!) Once your purchase is complete, you will see a barcode that will be scanned at the gate, where you will be given a paper ticket (which you will need for park hopping, re-entry, FASTPASSes, etc.).| - 2012-06-12 10:06:11 [update] |82||The Southern California CityPass no longer offers admission to Knott's Berry Farm. The Pass now offers a 3-day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper and one day admissions (each) to Universal Studios Hollywood, Sea World San Diego and one day at either the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. The current prices (as of 3/31/11) are $276/adult and $229/child (age 3-9) and passes are valid 14 days from day of first use.|Sarah Mudd (DopeyGirl) - 2011-03-31 14:26:45 [update] |83||Manny, Manda, and Mona Monorail are taking over at Disneyland. These three monorails have been outfitted with brand new looks AND personalities based off the "Cars" animated movies! Manny, Manda, and Mona have even taken over the announcements onboard.
| - 2012-05-16 13:05:55 [update] |83||Disneyland ticket prices have increased. A single day/single park ticket is now $63 for adults and $53 for children. Park Hoppers are as follows;|
1 day park hopper $83/$73
2 day park hopper $122/$102
3 day park hopper $179/$149
4 day park hopper $209/$179
5 day park hopper $229/$199
Park Hopper Bonus Tickets:
3 day park hopper $179/$149
4 day park hopper $209/$179
5 day park hopper $229/$199
Note: By purchasing your multi-day park hoppers from Disney's web site, you can save up to $70.
- 2008-02-18 10:37:22 [update] |83||A single day/single park ticket for Disneyland is now $76 for adults and $68 for children. A 2-day/1-park per day ticket is now $151 for adults and $136 for children. Park Hoppers prices: a 1-day park hopper is $101/$91 and a 2-day park hopper is $161/$146. Park Hopper Bonus Tickets are as follows: 3-day park hopper $186/$165, 4-day park hopper $201/$178, 5-day park hopper $211/$186, and 6-day park hopper $216/$190. These prices are good on tickets through December 31, 2011. In the past couple of years, the prices on the 1-3 day Park Hoppers have risen quite a bit while the prices on the 4-6 day Hoppers have dropped a few dollars!
|Sarah Mudd (DopeyGirl) - 2011-03-31 14:34:59 [update] |87||As the new Fantasy Faire section of Fantasyland in Disneyland gets closer to it's official opening, some pieces begin to have their unveiling. Fairy Tale Treasures will open on March 12, 2013. This location is in between the Royal Theatre and the Royal Hall and will feature costumes, accessories, and other merchandise fit for a princess. | - 2013-03-05 10:03:50 [update] |88||On October 12 & 17, 2011 from 8:00 pm - Midnight, Disneyland Annual Passholders will have the opportunity to view a private performance of "Mickey's Soundsational Parade" at the Disneyland Park. The event will include an up-close look at the parade floats, Character Meet & Greets and exclusive access to select attractions, shops and restaurants. The events are now fully booked, but the curious can still check out the details on the Disney Parks Blog.| - 2011-10-04 09:10:34 [update] |88||Club Buzz Stage in Tomorrowland has been renamed Tomorrowland Terrace Stage, and hosts Jedi Training Academy, where youngsters can train to be Jedi Knights.| - 2008-02-22 18:38:37 [update] |94||Voices of Liberty, the popular 8-part a capella group that performs in the American Adventure pavilion at Epcot, is getting a second incarnation at Disneyland. A second Voices of Liberty group will begin performing at the Main Street Opera House, outside the Great Moment with Mr. Lincoln attraction.| - 2012-04-17 10:04:16 [update] |96||Club 33, the exclusive members-only club located inside Disneyland, turns 45 this year. For the first time in years, Club 33 is accepting a limited number of new members. New Club 33 members will enjoy exclusive sneak peeks at park enhancements and new attractions, and the availability to use VIP tour guides, itinerary planning services, valet parking, and complimentary hotel upgrades. New membership will also include access to 1901, a special lounge inside the new Carthay Circle Theatre opening at Disney California Adventure park on June 15. Individuals on the existing wait list will have first access to the new spots, but depending on interest and availability, more spots may be open. Those interested in Club 33 membership may request more information by sending an email to email@example.com.
| - 2012-05-08 11:05:04 [update] |96||The Disney Gallery closed on August 7, 2007. The space has been converted to the Disneyland Dream Suite. A night's stay in the suite is a prize in the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotional event.| - 2008-02-22 17:28:46 [update] |97||Riders in the front row seat on Splash Mountain must now be at least 60"/153 cm to ride. The minimum height for other seats on the ride continues to be 40"/102 cm.| - 2008-02-22 19:13:08 [update] |98||Billy Hill and the Hillbillies will have their final performance at Disneyland on January 6, 2014. The popular quartet has been performing at Disneyland for over 20 years.| - 2013-11-19 11:11:12 [update] |98||Beginning June 14, 2013, Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree will be home to Woody's All-American Round-Up. Woody, Jessie, Mickey and Minnie will be on hand to greet guests and Woody and Jessie will be showing off their cowboy and cowgirl skills. Games, activities, food and more will be on hand. | - 2013-05-13 17:05:01 [update] |98||Betty Taylor, 91, and Wally Boag, 90, played sweethearts Slue Foot Sue and Pecos Bill in the Golden Horseshoe Revue at Disneyland for many, many years. Betty Taylor logged nearly 45,000 performances and Wally Boag nearly 42,000 performances, respectively. On Friday, June 3, 2011, Wally Boag passed away. On Saturday, June 4, 2011, Betty Taylor passed away. They will be missed.
| - 2011-06-07 10:06:45 [update] |99||"Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island" is the new name and theme for this old classic. Injun Joe's Cave is now Deadman's Grotto, Captain Jack Sparrow is on hand for a live show, and an all-new interactive area, Smuggler's Cove, has been added. The old fort is no more.| - 2008-02-22 18:18:51 [update] |100||The Fantasyland Theatre is now home to a new show - "Mickey and the Magical Map." Using the characters from Fantasia - Apprentice Mickey and Sorcerer Yen Sid - this new tale takes guests on a journey through the magical map to some of Disney's most beloved movies. The show combines technology and live performers in a completely new way. The show is 22 minutes long and is shown multiple times throughout the day. Check your daily Park Guide for showtimes. | - 2013-05-28 09:05:32 [update] |100||The Fantasyland Theatre at Disneyland will will host a new show beginning this summer, "Mickey and the Magical Map." Featuring Sorcerer Yen Sid (from The Sorcerer's Apprentice) and his trusty apprentice Mickey Mouse, the story will take guests on a magical journey with music, colors, and characters.
| - 2013-01-08 11:01:41 [update] |100||Fantasyland Theatre playing "Snow White" closed in 2006, and has been replaced by Disney Princess Fantasy Faire. The new attraction features short, live shows, storytelling, crafts, and character greetings.| - 2008-02-22 18:32:39 [update] |100||The Fantasy Faire section of Disneyland's Fantasyland officially opened on March 12, 2013. Fantasy Faire includes new princess meet and greets at Royal Hall, new shows at Royal Theatre, new interactive elements such as Clopin's Music Box, and a new dining option -- Maurice's Treats.
| - 2013-03-12 12:03:41 [update] |105||On June 11, 2007, a new attraction opened in Tomorrowland: "Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage." This is a re-do of the original Submarine Voyage that debuted in 1959 but with new special effects and storytelling techniques. The combination of Audio-Animatronics characters, new sets, and innovative imaging technology allows submarine voyagers to embark on an undersea excursion to observe an underwater volcano while encountering Nemo and his friends. Each submarine holds about 40 people. The ride lasts about 15 minutes.| - 2008-02-18 10:49:54 [update] |107||As part of Limited Time Magic, the "Glow With the Show" Ears are being incorporated into "Magical" the nighttime fireworks show at Disneyland. Guests wearing the Ears will have access to a special fireworks viewing area on Main Street, U.S.A, on select nights - May 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, and 19, 2013. The viewing area has limited capacity so spots are first come, first serve.
| - 2013-05-07 11:05:13 [update] |109||Construction fencing seems to be the major theme at Disney California Adventure, as the park goes through a multi-year "re-imagining." The good news is that the remaining fencing has come down in the Paradise Pier area. In addition to The Little Mermaid-Ariel's Undersea Adventure, which opened in June, Goofy's Sky School (a re-theming of the Mulholland Madness coaster) is now up and running. Long-time favorite eatery, Corn Dog Castle, is back in service, Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta (a re-theming of Pizza Oom Mow Mow) is serving Italian classics and trendy flatbreads, and all-new Paradise Garden Grill is serving up Middle Eastern specialties. Over in the Pacific Wharf area, Mission Tortilla Factory has closed, to be replaced in 2012 by a Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory Tour and Soda Fountain.| - 2011-07-07 11:07:59 [update] |109||The "re-imagining" of Disney California Adventure park is moving right along. The park's re-designed main entrance, modeled on Los Angeles' historic Pan Pacific Auditorium, opened recently. (The Pan Pacific Auditorium also inspired the main entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World.) Right inside the entrance, the towers of the Golden Gate Bridge are coming down. While the Disneyland monorail will continue to run across a bridge, it will soon be a re-creation of the Glendale-Hyperion Bridge, a causeway that crosses I-5 and the Los Angeles River, connecting Silver Lake and Glendale, less than a half-mile from Walt Disney's first Los Angeles studio. (The bridge may also look familiar to fans of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.)| - 2011-07-21 00:07:26 [update] |109||The 5-year expansion of Disney California Adventure will be complete this summer! The new Cars Land at Disney California Adventure will have it's official opening on June 15, 2012. Buena Vista Street and the Carthay Circle Theatre will also open the same day.| - 2012-03-13 14:03:18 [update] |109||Beginning May 5, 2014 through July 5, 2014, Doc McStuffins will be in Hollywood Land near "Disney Junior - Live on Stage!" for a character meet and greet.| - 2014-04-29 10:04:51 [update] |109||June 15 was a momentous day at Disneyland Resort, the culmination of a five-year "re-imagining" of Disney California Adventure Park (DCA). The biggest attention-getter was the official opening of all-new Cars Land and its E-Ticket masterpiece, Radiator Springs Racers. This major addition to the park has two other attractions-Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and Luigi's Flying Tires, plus three eateries and four retail shops.
To get to Cars Land on June 15, the throng of guests passed through a newly-opened, totally redesigned main entrance area encompassing Buena Vista Street (homage to Los Angeles of the 1920s), Carthay Circle (formerly Sunshine Plaza), and the all-new Carthay Circle Theater, which houses a new high-end restaurant and a private club along the lines of Disneyland's Club 33. Guests may even hitch a ride on the Red Car Trolleys that now ply Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Land (formerly the Hollywood Pictures Backlot). Altogether, the entrance area has seven new or redesigned restaurants and nine retail shops, and the all-new trolley ride.
During the park's years-long re-imagining, substantial changes were also made to the Paradise Pier section of the park, including the addition of World of Color, Toy Story Midway Mania, and The Little Mermaid-Ariel's Undersea Adventure (which replaced Golden Dreams), the re-theming of three rides, removal of another, and the re-theming of the quick service dining area.
We'll skip some of the smaller changes at DCA, like the recently-opened Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, and cross the Esplanade to Disneyland Park, which celebrated a grand re-opening of its own on June 15. Matterhorn Bobsleds re-opened after a six-month rehab that includes the introduction of new ride vehicles. We're not sure how many guests chose Matterhorn Bobsleds over Radiator Springs Racers on opening day.
- 2012-06-21 15:06:25 [update] |110||ElecTRONica, the wildly popular after-hours dance party at Disney California Adventure, will be closed until September 30, 2011 for a refurbishment.| - 2011-09-06 10:09:22 [update] |110||Block Party Bash, the evening parade at Disney's California Adventure has been shipped east to live on at Walt Disney World's Disney's Hollywood Studios park. The parade has been temporarily been replaced by that old favorite, Disney's Electrical Parade. That will be replaced in March 2008 by the Pixar Play Parade.| - 2008-02-22 19:01:54 [update] |110||Sunshine Plaza, currently the hub of Disney's California Adventure, hosts High School Musical 2: School's Out," a live show performed several times daily, based on the Disney Channel original movie.| - 2008-02-22 19:06:15 [update] |110||New Mickey Ear hats are now available at Disneyland that actually allow guests to be a part of the entertainment. The "Ears" feature interactive technology that enable them to light up in time with the entertainment such as World of Color and the Mad Tea Party at Disney California Adventure. Cost is about $25 each. Be sure keep an eye on those ears, as you may discover other times when the ears light up!
| - 2012-06-19 12:06:33 [update] |115||"Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular," the very popular live stage show at the Hyperion Theater at Disney's California Adventure, will not be closing on August 15, 2010 as originally announced. The show was going to be replaced by "Toy Story - The Musical," but that change has been pushed off into the future (exactly when, Disney isn't saying). Disney's Aladdin opened at Disneyland Resort in January 2003, and Genie, who in this version does a topical comedy monologue, is a particular favorite.| - 2010-05-13 02:05:29 [update] |117||June 8 brings a new exhibit to Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure, "The Radiator Springs Historical Society's Museum of the History of Radiator Springs." Blue Sky Cellar (formerly Golden Vine Winery) has been the preview center for the park's extensive make-over, exhibiting drawings, models, and films describing the work going on behind the construction fences. With the June 15 grand opening of Cars Land, Buena Vista Street, and Carthay Circle (the last remaining elements to the make-over), "coming attractions" is about to become "history." It seems fitting that the future for Blue Sky Cellar will be firmly rooted in the (fictional) past.
| - 2012-06-07 13:06:13 [update] |120||Disney's California Adventure Guests waiting for World of Color to start have a new game to occupy their time. The Fun Wheel Challenge allows guests to control the colors of Mickey's Fun Wheel for 45 minutes prior to World of Color! Guests can log in to the PierGames Wi Fi network from your mobile device and the game will launch in your device's web browser. You play a brief color matching game and if you win - you get to control the lights!| - 2013-12-03 10:12:36 [update] |120||Guests who opt to visit the Cove Bar at Disney's California Adventure during the World of Color show will be charged a $10 per person viewing fee.| - 2012-07-10 11:07:34 [update] |121||Toy Story Mania!, a new interactive dark ride featuring characters from Disney Pixar's "Toy Story," is slated to open in summer 2008. Located in the shadow of California Screamin,' guests will play a variety of target games as they ride through the attraction.| - 2008-02-22 19:32:14 [update] |122||Disney California Adventure will host ElecTRONica, an evening dance party inspired by TRON: Legacy, the new film opening in December. The music starts on September 24, in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot.| - 2010-09-02 19:09:03 [update] |122||Beginning October 8, 2010, Disney California Adventure will host a dance party on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights this Fall - ElecTRONica. Based on the upcoming release, TRON: Legacy, the party will feature live entertainment, a laser show, a video game area and glow accessories.| - 2010-09-07 12:09:35 [update] |123||Anna and Elsa's Boutique in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland offers Frozen-themed makeovers including Anna, Elsa, and Olaf. Originally makeovers were available to guests 3 - 12 but the age range has expanded to include guests ages 3 - 15. Reservations can be made by calling 714-781-STYLE.
| - 2014-10-14 11:10:06 [update] |123||Disney announced deals for the opening of two new stores at Disneyland's Downtown Disney shopping district. Sanuk, a casual footwear maker, will open its flagship retail store at Downtown Disney in June. The company had previously been a short-term tenant, and now returns with a long-term lease. Sanuk replaces Basin, which closed in December. Blink, a line of denim wear from Wet Seal, will open in April on a temporary basis, in the former location of the Anne Geddes shop.| - 2011-03-09 12:03:23 [update] |125||The Earl of Sandwich, already a popular dining destination in Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney, will open in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland on November 2, 2012.| - 2012-10-30 18:10:49 [update] |125||A new food stand opened at Disneyland Resort's Downtown Disney this month, Café Renee. Located opposite the World of Disney, folks strolling "Downtown" can choose from a variety of sweet or savory crepes, and funnel cake sticks.| - 2010-07-22 15:07:58 [update] |128||Universal Studios has contracted with Gray Line, a passenger bus company, to provide twice daily shuttles from Anaheim-area hotels to Universal Studios Hollywood. This service will be free to Guests who have purchased a full-price admission ticket to Universal Studios either through Gray Line directly, a participating hotel concierge or online through http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com or http://www.coachusa.us| - 2008-02-18 10:47:30 [update] |191||Chef Christine Weissman has been the Executive Chef for Epcot as well as the Disney Cruise Line. She is now moving to the West Coast to be the Excutive Chef of both the Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks.| - 2012-08-21 11:08:27 [update] |193||Guests visiting Disneyland Resort can now make their dining reservations via e-mail, if they're rather not phone them in. Reservation requests may be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should include the name of the restaurant or experience (Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Studio Disney 365 reservations can also be booked), the date and meal time (breakfast/lunch/dinner), the total number of guests in the party, and your name and phone number. Reservations will not be official until you receive a confirmation number via e-mail (requests received after hours will be responded to the following day). In addition to e-mailing email@example.com, guests can still make reservations by phoning 714-781-DINE (714-781-3463).| - 2012-04-12 20:04:22 [update] |193||Guests can now book dining as well as Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutqiue and Studio Disney 365 reservations at Disneyland restaurant by e-mail, up to 60 days in advance. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of restaurant or experience you would like to book, requested date and meal period (i.e. breakfast, lunch or dinner), number of guests in your party, and your name and phone number. Requests received between 7:00 am - 9:00 pm pacific time will be reviewed the same day. Requests received after hours will be reviewed the next day.| - 2012-04-17 10:04:52 [update] |195||Beginning October 3, Disneyland guests will no longer be able to make dining reservations via email. Instead, guests can make dining reservations online at Disneyland.com/Dining. Guests can make advanced dining reservations for table service restaurants at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, Downtown Disney, and the restaurants at Disneyland hotels. A credit card guarantee will be required to book, and a $10 per person fee applies for no-shows or booking cancelled less than the day prior to the reservation.| - 2013-09-24 12:09:11 [update] |197||Carnation Cafe at Disneyland will reopen on June 13, 2012, following a rehab and expansion. The Cafe features a new menu and expanded seating, and will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.| - 2012-05-15 15:05:42 [update] |197||Café Orleans began serving a full breakfast in 2006. The restaurant opens with the park and serves through the final seating at 10:50 am. Lunch is served from 11:30 am.| - 2008-02-18 10:45:52 [update] |199||The Plaza Inn at Disneyland is closed through May 15, which means currently there is no character meal inside Disneyland park. Character meals are still available at PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier Hotel, Storyteller's Cafe at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel, and Ariel's Grotto at Disney's California Adventure.| - 2014-04-22 11:04:17 [update] |206||The new Starbucks has opened in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort. Keep an eye out for the "living wall" made of living plants and a 10-foot interactive touch screen for guests to engage with!| - 2014-03-11 11:03:23 [update] |207||Granville's Steak House changed names in 2006 and is called Steakhouse 55. The high-end eatery also has a new menu featuring prime steaks, chops, and seafood. Breakfast is also served. View the Steakhouse 55 menus at MousePlanet.com.| - 2008-02-18 10:43:35 [update] |207||Tangaroa Terrace - Casual Island Dining, and Trader Sam's - Enchanted Tiki Bar, will open at the Disneyland Hotel on May 25. Tangaroa Terrace will offer breakfast lunch and dinner as well as "Grab & Go" options. Trader Sam's will offer vintage island cocktails along with "bar food" lunch and dinner options.| - 2011-05-03 11:05:04 [update] |209||Phillipe Tosques, a French restaurateur with over 25 years experience, began his role as General Manager of Napa Rose in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel on March 1, 2010. Monsieur Tosques has worked with such celebrated Chefs such as Hubert Keller and Jean-Georges Vongerichten. | - 2010-03-04 12:42:05 [update] |212||A new race has been announced by runDisney. The Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend will be held at the Disneyland Resort January 27-29, 2012. This event is tailored for women runners and will feature 5k and kids races in addition to the half marathon. Register now at the runDisney site.| - 2011-04-19 14:04:35 [update] |222||Moms can choose between two special Character Brunches at Disneyland on Mother's Day this year. "Disney's Royal Buffet for Mother's Day" will be at the Disneyland Hotel from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm on Sunday, May 8, 2011 and will feature Cinderella and the Princesses. The cost for this buffet is $71.99 per adult (ages 9+) and $20.99 per child (ages 3 - 9), children under 2 are free. Complimentary 4-hour parking is available. Premium Annual Passholders get a 15% discount, all other passholders get a 10% discount. |
The Storytellers Cafe at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel is also hosting brunch from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm on Mother's Day. This brunch, featuring Chip & Dale and friends, offers a choice of a buffet or a la carte menu. The cost for the buffet is $29.99 per adult (ages 9+) and $13.99 per child (ages 3 - 9), children under 2 are free. Premium Annual Passholders get a 15% discount, all other passholders get a 10% discount.
- 2011-03-25 10:03:49 [update] |223||The Fantasmic Dessert Buffet was discontinued in mid-2007 to make way for the Dream Suite (part of the Year of a Millions Dreams). Disney continues to offer the “Fantasmic Premium Seating” package and the price is now $59/adult, $49/kid age 3–9. Fantasmic Premium Seating can be reserved 30 days in advance by calling 714-781-4400. Please be advised a credit card is required when calling. You will be required to pay for this at the time of booking and tickets must be picked up on the day of the show at Guest Services.| - 2008-02-23 11:54:26 [update] |228||Disneyland Resort guests now have the option to add a day-long Adventures by Disney excursion to their visit. "Lights...Camera...Magic!" is a guided excursion that includes a tour of the Walt Disney Studios, a backstage tour of either Grauman's Chinese Theater or the Kodak Theater, a drive down the Sunset Strip, and dinner at Gladstone's beachfront restaurant. The adult price is $199 per person, children ages 4 - 9 are $189 per person.| - 2011-11-15 13:11:31 [update] |231||Some Disneyland guests were very surprised during a meet and greet with Mickey Mouse when Mickey spoke to them! This prototype Mickey Mouse talks and is able to move some parts of his face. This character is still in early testing phases. There is no word when or IF he will ever appear again. But check out the video on DisneyParks.com!| - 2010-05-11 19:05:30 [update] |239||Disneyland Park will play host eight weekends of specially-themed activities from the weekend of January 14-16 through the weekend of March 4-6, 2011. Special entertainers, characters in themed garb, and themed foods and merchandise will all be part of the fun, which runs from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day of the event. January 14-16 will be Fiesta Disneyland, January 21-23 will be Disney's Kickin' Country Weekend, and January 28-30 will be Character Fan Days, showcasing seldom-seen and guest-requested characters. February 4-6 and 11-13 will be Lunar New Year Festival, honoring Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures. All five of those weekends will be held in the Festival Arena out behind Big Thunder Mountain. The last three weekends - February 18-20 and 25-27, and March 4-6 move to New Orleans Square, for Mardi Gras! All that's required is regular park admission.| - 2011-01-13 14:01:59 [update] |239||The party formerly known as Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party has not only a new name, but also a new location! The party will now be held at Disneyland instead of Disney's California Adventure. Mickey's Halloween Party will be held every Tuesday and Friday night in October as well as on Halloween itself - Sunday, October 31, 2010. For the Tuesday parties, guests will be able to enter the park at 3:00 pm and the party starts at 6:00 pm. The Friday and Halloween parties start at 7:00 pm and guests can enter the park at 4:00 pm. Tickets go on sale to Annual Passholders on June 4 and to the general public on July 16.| - 2010-06-01 12:06:12 [update] |239||Disneyland will be offering a special Candlelight Experience December 4 - 5, 2011. This one-night package includes a one-night stay at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel with valet parking, a private reception and dinner at the Grand Californian, reserved seating for the 8:00 pm performance of the Candlelight Processional, a sunrise breakfast on December 5 at the Plaza Inn, a visit to Walt Disney's apartment above the firehouse, and much more. The cost is $1,250 per person, based on double occupancy. For reservations and more details, call 866-309-9683.
| - 2011-11-21 19:11:05 [update] |239||Fans of filmmaker Tim Burton have one more reason to celebrate at Disneyland Resort this fall, when The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition visits Disney California Adventure as part of its worldwide tour. Located inside the Disney Animation building in Hollywood Land, the exhibit will be open to all park guests from September 14 through November 5. Special events for Disneyland annual pass holders are scheduled for September 13. Disneyland Park has long played host to Haunted Mansion Holiday, when the famed mansion is re-themed for the Halloween through Christmas season in homage to Tim Burton's now-classic film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. At least for this little while, Disneyland Resort guests will need to park hop to take in all the Tim Burton magic! Burton's latest animated film, Frankenweenie, opens October 5, 2012, and is a feature-length version of his 1984 short film of the same name. How times change! Burton was dismissed from the Disney studios in 1984 due to managment displeasure with the original Frankenweenie, which wasn't released until 1994, on video, after Burton had proven he could pack in audiences with such hits as Beetlejuice and Batman.
| - 2012-09-06 21:09:52 [update] |239||Grad Night 2011, an after-hours event for high school seniors, will be held at Disneyland this year on May 12, 19, and 26; and June 2, 8, 9 and 16, 2011.| - 2011-03-08 10:03:11 [update] |239||Mickey's Halloween Party will be held at Disneyland this fall on select evenings. Unlike Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World, hours for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland vary by date. Ticket prices also vary depending on date, ranging from $54 - $69 per adult plus tax. Tickets will be available to the general public on July 16, 2012.
Friday, September 28 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tuesday, October 2 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Friday, October 5 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tuesday, October 9 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Friday, October 12 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Monday, October 15 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Friday, October 19 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tuesday, October 23 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Friday, October 26 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Monday, October 29 – 6 to 11 p.m.
Wednesday, October 31 – 6 to 11 p.m.
- 2012-06-26 09:06:20 [update] |240||Beginning in 2012, the Disney Jazz Celebration - a Disney Youth Programs event featuring middle and high school instrumental and vocal ensembles - will be held at the Disneyland Resort. Next year's Festival will be held February 24 - 26, 2012. The event was previously held at Walt Disney World.| - 2011-07-19 12:07:14 [update] |287||Both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea were affected by the recent 8.9 magnitude earthquake. The parks sustained minor damage and reported only minor injuries. Cast Members were involved in humanitairan efforts assisting the estimated 70,000 guests stranded as a result of the earthquake and tsunami. The Resort remains closed until at least March 21, 2011.| - 2011-03-14 14:03:33 [update] |300||Richard and Robert Sherman, the famed songwriters responsible for such Disney music as "It's a Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow," "Feed the Birds," and "The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room", were honored with a tribute window on Main Street, U.S.A in Disneyland last week. The window is located in the door of the 20th Century Music Shop.| - 2010-03-18 22:57:15 [update] |300||Beginning in February 2010, Captain EO, a 17-minute 3D film featuring the late Michael Jackson, will return to Disneyland for a limited engagement. The movie was originally featured at Disneyland from 1986 - 1997. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience will be closing in January to make room for Captain EO. | - 2009-12-24 22:32:29 [update] |370||Captain EO, the 3D film featuring the late Michael Jackson, returned to Disneyland Park on Tuesday, February 23, 2010. No word on how long it will be around for and currently there are no plans to bring it Walt Disney World. The film temporarily replaces Honey I Shrunk the Audience in the Tomorrowland Theater.| - 2010-02-25 23:27:09 [update] |43||Disney's Grand Californian Hotel is expanding. As part of the expansion, Disney Vacation Club will be adding its first facility west of the Eastern Seaboard. Slated to open in late 2009, the new wing will add 200 conventional guest rooms, 50 2-bedroom-equivalent Disney Vacation Club villas, a roof-top fireworks viewing terrace, a new swimming pool, and 300 underground parking spaces.| - 2008-02-22 19:40:23 [update] |82||Disneyland Resort ticket prices increased on August 5, 2010. Increases on tickets are in the 4% range, in line with the increases at Walt Disney World Resort. The rate on a single-day, single-park adult ticket went from $72 to $76 (there is no added tax on California park tickets). A one-day adult Park Hopper went from $97 to $101, and a two-day adult Park Hopper went from $151 to $161. A Premium Annual Pass (no blackout dates) went from $439 to $459.| - 2010-08-05 20:08:46 [update] |999||Southern California living within zip codes 90000 - 93599 and Baja California zip codes 21000 - 29999 can now purchase discounted tickets for use between January 6 - June 6, 2014. (Blackout dates March 31 - April 20, 2014.) A 2-day base ticket is $129 plus tax, a 2-day Park Hopper ticket is $164 plus tax, a 3-day base ticket is $159 plus tax, and a 3-day Park Hopper ticket is $194 plus tax. | - 2014-01-07 10:01:19 [update] |999||Southern California drivers can now kill two birds with one stone--charge their electric vehicle, and visit the Happiest Place on Earth. Twenty ChargePoint charging stations have been installed in the first floor of the Mickey & Friends parking structure. Existing ChargePoint customers can scan their ChargePoint card, and new customers can open an account at the charging station.| - 2014-02-06 17:02:50 [update] |999||Registration for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend (January 16 - 19, 2014 at Disneyland) opens on July 9, 2013 for the general public. Disney Vacation Club owners and Disneyland Annual Passholders can register early beginning on July 5, 2013. | - 2013-07-01 11:07:52 [update] |999||John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney & Pixar Animation, got his start in Disneyland as Jungle Cruise Skipper. ("And now - the back side of water!") But he has no photos of himself during that time! If you do, you could win a trip to the Grand Opening of Cars Land and a private Jungle Cruise with John! Enter to win at JohnoftheJungle.com.| - 2011-08-23 11:08:54 [update] |999||Captain America will begin making character meet and greet appearances at Disneyland on March 7, 2014. | - 2014-02-11 11:02:31 [update] |999||"World of Color," the new nighttime water spectacular show at Disney's California Adventure, will have it's premiere on June 11, 2010. | - 2010-04-22 17:09:20 [update] |999||Carthay Circle Restaurant, the new fine dining establishment opening June 15 at Disney California Adventure, is now accepting reservations. The restaurant, supervised by Chef Andrew Sutton, Executive Chef of famed Napa Rose at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, will serve lunch and dinner featuring seasonal produce and the diverse cuisine of Southern California. The restaurant's decor harks back to the Spanish Colonial Revival style that was popular when the Carthay Circle Theatre hosted the premiere of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in 1937. Diners can enjoy reserved seating at the park's World of Color nighttime show. Reservations can be made by calling 714-781-DINE (714-781-3463) between 7:00 am and 9:00 pm Pacific time, or send email to email@example.com| - 2012-05-10 22:05:46 [update] |999||
Beginning in February 2013, Adventures by Disney will no longer be conducting the 1-day "Lights... Cameraâ€¦Magic!" tour. This tour visited the Walt Disney Studios and other Hollywood locations. (The 6-day/5-night Southern California tour that visits Hollywood and Disneyland Resort continues to be offered.)
| - 2012-11-27 12:11:46 [update] |999||Ever wanted to be an Imagineer for a day? The Grand Prize winner of the new Sorcerers Wanted Sweepstakes will win a one-day apprenticeship with a Disney Imagineer as well as a two-night trip to Disneyland for up to four people. (The trip includes hotel accomodations and three-day Park Hopper passes.) Enter online!| - 2010-07-13 11:07:15 [update] |999||D23 -- the "Official Community for Disney Fans" -- has announced a new event for Fall 2010. Destination D: Disneyland '55 will take place September 24-25, 2010 and includes two full days of presentations on the history of the park as well as guest appearances, screenings, and other events. Destination D and the D23 Expo will alternate years. Destination D in 2010, D23 Expo in 2011, etc. Tickets are available exclusively to D23 members and one guest (i.e. non-member) per member. Tickets are $125 per person and are available for purchase now on the D23 site.| - 2010-07-13 11:07:16 [update] |999||Did you know that you can still buy Disney Dollars at Disneyland? The first Disney Dollar Series for 2014 is now available. They are available in $1, $5, and $10 increments. | - 2013-12-23 08:12:14 [update] |999||runDisney has announced a new 'Star Wars' themed half marathon weekend, to be held at the Disneyland Resort January 15 - 18, 2015. Events will include kids races, a 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, and Wookiee Welcome Party! Registration opens at Noon eastern on June 10, 2014. | - 2014-05-27 11:05:11 [update] |999||The D23 Expo will be held August 19-21, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center. Tickets are now available on the D23 site. Ticket prices are based on whether or not you are a D23 member and how far in advance you purchase. The first D23 Expo in 2009 featured the announcement of Disney Cruise Line's Alaskan Itineraries and the making of Pirates of the Caribbean 4 including an appearance by Captain Jack Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp.| - 2010-08-24 10:08:04 [update] |999||As part of the ¡Viva Navidad! Celebration at the Disneyland Resort, Three Kings Day will be celebrated in the Paradise Garden at Disney California Adventure. Three Kings Day is widely celebrated in Latin American countries and communities in the US as part of the Christmas holiday and marks the day the Three Kings or "Wise Men" presented their gifts in Bethlehem. Special food, entertainment, and interactive elements will be available.
| - 2013-12-31 08:12:39 [update] |999||A new runDisney event has been announced! The Inaugural Avengers Super Heros Half Marathon Weekend will be held at the Disneyland Resort, November 14 - 16, 2014. There will be Kids Races, a 5k, and a Half Marathon. Registration opens March 25, 2014 at 12:00 pm Eastern! | - 2014-02-25 12:02:11 [update] |999||Guests wanting to visit with Anna and Elsa in Fantasyland at Disneyland will now receive Return Time Tickets. The tickets will have a 20-minute window for guests to return and take their place in the queue. There is no longer a standard queue for this meet and greet, and once all Return Time Tickets have been distributed, no more tickets will be issued.| - 2014-09-16 11:09:25 [update] |999||"World of Color," the nightly water spectacular at Disney California Adventure, will be getting the holiday treatment beginning on November 15, 2013. The show will feature new effects, new music and a new host! Olaf, the snowman from the upcoming Disney movie "Frozen" will act as emcee for "World of Color Winter Dreams."| - 2013-07-30 10:07:32 [update] |999||The Disney Legends are individuals who were instrumental in creating Disney Magic around the world. This year's honorees are being celebrated in a ceremony at the D23 Expo this August at Disneyland. This year's honorees include Regis Philbin, Jim Henson, Jodi Benson, Paige O'Hara, and Anika Noni Rose.| - 2011-06-21 11:06:12 [update] |999||Beginning September 13, 2013, the Pirate League will set up shop at the Festival Arena in Frontierland at Disneyland. There will be three makeover packages available - Jake and the Neverland Pirates, the First Mate, and the Empress. Guests can begin making reservations on August 20, 2013 by calling 714-781-STYLE.
| - 2013-08-05 16:08:43 [update]