||PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line 11th Edition (2013) Update Description||34||Disney Cruise Line has made changes to the way they handle onboard bookings. Guests who book a future cruise while onboard a Disney Cruise Line ship will receive the following benefits:|
• 10% off prevailing rates (as quoted on disneycruise.com)
• Up to US $200 onboard credit per stateroom
• Reduced deposit on sailings 7-nights or longer
Guests who book onboard must complete travel within 18 months in order to maintain these benefits. Guests who are unable to sail within this time period will have any current onboard booking benefits removed from their reservation. Guests can modify their sailing dates within this 18-month timeframe as long as these modifications are done outside of any applicable cancellation period. This change will also apply to Guests with an existing reservation made onboard; however, Guests with an existing reservation will have an additional six-month extension and will need to sail prior to Nov. 30, 2015 in order to keep their onboard booking benefits.
- 2013-11-13 13:11:23 [update] |37||Disney Cruise Line will be returning to West Coast in the Fall of 2015 with the Wonder sailing cruises to and from Hawaii and several cruises sailing out of San Diego. The Wonder will then move to Galveston, Texas for the rest of 2015. The Magic will sail out of Miami, and the Dream and Fantasy will continue to sail out of Port Canaveral.| - 2014-05-20 09:05:01 [update] |50||Beginning October 11, 2014, Disney Cruise Line is reshuffling their fleet. The Disney Wonder will move to Miami on October 11, 2014 and sail 4- and 5-night cruises. The Disney Magic will move to Port Canaveral on October 21, 2014 and will sail 7-night Caribbean cruises departing on Sundays. This means that the Disney Dream will now sail 3- and 4-night Bahamas cruises departing on Mondays and Fridays. The Disney Fantasy will not be affected and will continue to sail 7-night Caribbean cruises departing on Saturdays. | - 2013-06-18 10:06:51 [update] |50||Disney Cruise Line will be sailing through the fjords of Norway and visiting great cities on the Baltic in the Summer of 2015! The Disney Magic will sail out of Copenhagen, Denmark in June and Dover, England in July, before returning to Barcelona, Spain for 5-and 7-night Mediterranean sailings in August 2015. The Magic's eastbound repositioning cruise will include stops in New York, Newfoundland, and Iceland on the way to Copenhagen. The Disney Wonder will return to Alaska and the Disney Dream and Fantasy will continue to sail out of Port Canaveral, including 5-night "double dip" Bahamas cruises that stop twice at Castaway Cay. Guests can book beginning on March 27, 2014. (Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members were able to book beginning March 26, 2014 by phone only.)
| - 2014-03-25 11:03:52 [update] |86||Disney Cruise Line has announced the itineraries for early 2015 (through April 2015). The Magic, Dream, and Fantasy will continue to sail out of Port Canaveral. The Magic will sail 7-night Western Caribbean itineraries, the Fantasy will sail 7-night Eastern Caribbean itineraries, and the Dream will sail 3- and 4-night Bahamas itineraries. The Wonder will sail 4-night Bahamian itineraries and 5-night Western Caribbean itineraries out of Miami, Florida. All cruises include a stop at Castaway Cay. Gold and Platinum Castaway Club Members can book beginning on November 13, 2013, Silver Castaway Club members and first time cruisers can book beginning on November 14, 2013. | - 2013-11-12 10:11:55 [update] |145||Disney Cruise Line no longer allows guests to bring power strips or extension cords onboard. These items may be borrowed from Guest Services, subject to availability. Guests who require these items for CPAP machines or other medical devices will be provided with one for use during their cruise.| - 2014-03-04 11:03:51 [update] |160||The new "Royal Court Royal Tea" onboard the Disney Fantasy gives guests ages 3 and up (and their accompanying adult) a chance to dress up in their best "royal" outfits, interact with the Princesses and be entertained by hosts Lady Chamomile and Chef Brulee who will sing, dance, and more. The package also includes gifts and a photo package.|
The following keepsakes are for young princesses:
A friendship bracelet and coordinating necklace (necklace is not beaded)
A Cinderella doll (12-14")
Princess tiara and Princess pen
Princess jewelry box
Princess back sack (not a backpack)
The following keepsakes are for young princes:
Duffy the Disney Bear
Disney Cruise Line Autograph book and pen
3 Disney pins
Sword and shield
Back sack (not a backpack)
The cost for one child and one adult is $279.00. Each additional child is $210.00 and each additional adult is $69.00. This event can only be booked onboard at Guest Services.
- 2013-10-17 09:10:52 [update] |204||Disney Cruise Line is phasing-in new Internet access packages on all four ships. The new rates are based on megabytes used, rather than minutes. Pay-per-megabyte is no friend to those with cellular data plans, but it seems more appealing than the per-minute rates previously available to cruisers. We're not sure about savings, as it's hard to equate minutes with megabytes when on-board connection speeds vary as much as they do (from slow to incredibly slow). However, it may lead to less anxiety when connections grind to a complete halt, or when we spend several minutes staring at the same web page or e-mail message. The cruise line is offering the following options:
Pay As You Go - $.25 per MB
Small - 100 MB for $19 ($.19 per MB)
Medium - 300 MB for $39 ($.13 per MB)
Large - 1,000 MB for $89 ($.089 per MB) (AKA 1 GB for $89, to put it into perspective for cellular data plan customers)
The new rates went into effect February 3, 2014 on the Disney Magic, and kick in on February 16 on the Dream, February 26 on the Wonder, and March 8 on the Fantasy.
- 2014-02-06 18:02:35 [update] |249||The Castaway Cay Challenge is a new runDisney achievement for 2015. Runners who complete an event during the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon, sail on the January 12, 2015 sailing on the Disney Dream, and complete the Castaway Cay 5k race, will have completed the new achievement and will qualify for special perks during their cruise: an Inaugural Event t-shirt, a Finisher medallion for the Castaway Cay 5k, a Finisher Medal for the Castaway Cay Challenge, post-race refreshments, and access to exclusive merchandise.
| - 2014-05-20 10:05:13 [update] |459||Disney Cruise Line is going overboard this year to celebrate the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and year-end holiday seasons. Halloween will be celebrated on most cruises departing between September 21 and October 31, with haunted parties, spooky movies and tasty treats on all ships. Cruises on the Disney Dream will be even spookier, with a special deck party (in addition to Pirate Night), a Nightmare Before Christmas interactive movie experience, Haunted Stories of the Sea, and villainous antics in the adult entertainment district. Thanksgiving/Christmas season activities begin on cruises departing on November 9 and 10. Festivities include King Triton's Tree Lighting, holiday storytellers, a Deck the Deck Holiday Party, and extensive decorations throughout the season, and special parties on the actual holidays.
| - 2013-07-18 14:07:37 [update] |999||On Saturday, March 30, 2013, while the Disney Fantasy was still docked at Port Canaveral, a child was pulled from a pool and airlifted to an Orlando-area children's hospital. The child remains hospitalized at this time. Our thoughts and pixie dust go out to this family.
| - 2013-04-02 09:04:45 [update]