|PassPorter.com Feature Article|
Original article at: http://www.passporter.com/articles/eight-things-kids-love-at-disneyland.html
Eight Things Kids Will Love About Disneyland (By a Kid, For Kids): A Disneyland Reviewby Abby Wear, PassPorter Guest Contributor
Last modified 06-16-2016
If you’ve never been to Disneyland in California, you’ll probably be wondering what its like.
You’ll want to know the attractions that you must do and all the shops you must visit. But most of all, what are you going to do with your kids? Here are my favorite rides, shows, and shops. Kids love these things. Let me tell you about them.
1) Grizzly River Run (Disney California Adventure) When I went to Grizzly Peak, I thought the river run was going to be scary. So I avoided it until my mom and dad bribed me to go on it. The line was short, and we got on quick as a flash. As I wobbled in I thought this was going to be freaky! But guess what? It turned out to be my favorite ride! It looked scary but it was enjoyable!
The funniest thing was when you got to the drop they would stop you. You would be peering over the drop. Once they release its splash time! The drop isn’t scary, it's wet! Warning, if you go on this ride you’ll be soaked from head to toe!
2) Indiana Jones Adventure (Disneyland) This ride is a must-do. It’s packed with adventure, worth every second, and is awesome! The Indiana jones adventure ride makes you feel like you’re in the movie. When you first get into your seat, you’ll have to tuck things into the pouch underneath you, because this ride is a wild one!
3) Visit the Ghiradelli shop (Disney California Adventure) This is the best chocolate shop in all of Disneyland. Walk through the door and receive a free chocolate each time. You must get the sundae; I mean one of the many sundaes! Oh I remember the taste. So good, so creamy, so, so, so smooth. Buy chocolate in the shop if you want. It’s SO delicious!
4) Cars Land! (Disney California Adventure) At this place, you’ll have to go on Radiator Springs Racers. Even walking through the restaurants and other Cars attractions makes you feel like you’re in the movie. Then hop in line to the big race. At the start you’ll feel like you’re in one of the normal attractions. But then BOOM! You race and the wind blows in your face. Another family races beside you and you speed up. The scenery is amazing - like you’re in the Grand Canyon! Win or lose, this ride will make a great big memory! Get your own picture printed out of you on the ride. This is unforgettable!
5) Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Disneyland) There’s no ride like this one. ZOOM into your seat and buckle up. Be prepared; you never know what’s going to happen! Every flight is different. Warning; watch out for the dark side! They’ll try to get you!
6) World of Color (Disney California Adventure) A spectacular place to go at night, is to Paradise Pier to see World of Color. Everyone needs to see this show. Jets are placed everywhere at Paradise Pier to perform this magical show. Projections are displayed on the water, mixed with real fire and things I can’t tell you about. (It’s a surprise!) But I guarantee you’ll be amazed at this sight. It lives up to it’s name. It really is, I am not kidding, a world of color!
7) Disneyland Forever fireworks (watching from it’s a small world) You’ve probably seen fireworks. Bright colors, popped into the sky. But you’ve probably never seen THESE fireworks. These are not ordinary fireworks. Every little firework is positioned the right way. Best of all, under the fireworks, the Small World ride is blasted with color! White in the day, colorful at night. The fireworks and projections light up the beautiful ride. Get your camera out, and take some shots of this pretty view.
8) Stay at the Disneyland Hotel I’ve told you about attractions and shops, now its time to tell you about the Disneyland hotel. You really need to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Staying at the hotel is not just awesome, its magical. You’ll have a giant room, a gigantic pool to visit, and you have restaurants to go to that have really great food. We loved visiting the Small World gift shop at the Disneyland hotel.
You can even just relax after your long walk around the parks or go to the pool area and ride the monorail slides. I wanted to stay at those pools for a whole day. It was fun just hanging out and twirling down the slides.
Now you’ve heard eight of my favorite things. All amazing, most of them star attractions. These could be your kids’ favorite things when you visit or maybe not. But I know they will love many things about Disneyland. No matter what, your family will love this trip. Disney memories will lie in your heart always. It was "all started by a mouse", and a kind man’s dreams. Disney California is, not was, and will always be, the happiest place on earth!
About the Author: My name is Abby Wear. I got to celebrate my 10th birthday at Disneyland! My dream is to become an author. Writing for PassPorter is my first step, and I am happy to be able to get this published. I also like to swim and read. I’ve been to Disney World, Disneyland, and on the Disney Wonder cruise ship. I love them all. Each trip is special.
This article originally appeared in the PassPorter newsletter -- subscribe to our popular newsletter today for free at http://www.passporter.com/news.htm
Check for a more updated version at http://www.passporter.com/articles/eight-things-kids-love-at-disneyland.html