Finding Answers: A Disney Guide
PassPorter.com > Articles > Walt Disney World > Planning
Have Disney Questions? Chances are good that the answer is available somewhere! Here are our top ten ways (in order) to find answers to your questions about Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and general travel
1. Read the Manual! Check the PassPorter guidebook! You probably already have one if you're reading this and virtually all our readers tell us its a great resource. We keep a copy right by our computers -- yes, we wrote the book, but do you think we actually remember everything we've ever written in it? Anyway, when we're looking for an answer to a question, PassPorter is the first place we check. We use both the table of contents and the index to find what we seek.
2. Check the Archives. Search our newsletter archives (you are subscribed, right?). We've been doing newsletters for years now, and every issue has a feature article as well as lots of updates and news. To view the archives, visit the Newsletter Stand. If you haven't subscribed, you can do so quickly at the same page -- it's free!
3. Call Disney and ask. We do this frequently when we have a question we haven't addressed in the PassPorter guidebook. Here are some helpful phone numbers:
General Walt Disney World information - 407-824-4321
Dining at Walt Disney World - 407-939-3463
Tours at Walt Disney World - 407-939-8687
Orlando International Airport information - 407-825-2001
General Disneyland information - 714-781-7290
Dining at Disneyland - 714-781-3463
General Disney Cruise Line information - 888-325-2500
You'll find more numbers in the back of the PassPorter guidebook, too. And here's another list of helpful numbers elsewhere on PassPorter.com, plus one from AllEarsNet.
4. Search the Boards.. Do a search the PassPorter message board -- chances are very good someone else has asked the question already! To search the message board, click the Search link at the top of the board, type in one or two words that relate to your question, and click Search. For example, if I wanted to check on renovations at the Disney resort hotels, you could type "renovation" to get several hits. If you don't find what you're looking for, consider alternate words, for example "rehab" instead of "renovation." |
5. Ask Others. Post your question in the appropriate forum on the PassPorter message board. Our members and moderators enjoy answering questions, and most questions get several replies. To post your question, first locate the forum that it best fits into, click it, then click the Add New button, and type your question. Please keep in mind responses won't be immediate -- it may take hours or even days to get a reply, especially if your question is esoteric. We have no policies that require questions to be answered by our members or our volunteer Guides, but we all try our best! If your question hasn't received a reply after a couple of days, feel free to return to it and reply with something like, "Still searching for the answer to this question -- can anyone out there help me? Thanks so much!" Replying to your original question in this manner will force the topic to the top of the topic list in that forum and make it more visible to members.
6. Google It. Search for it on the Internet. We recommend the Google search engine for excellent results:
7. Go Web Surfing. Visit specific Disney-related Web sites for information on your topic. AllEars.net (http://www.allears.net) is a particularly good repository of information which we recommend you check. You'll find more good Disney Web sites at: http://www.passporter.com/wdw/webunofficial.htm. And don't forget http://www.disneyworld.com.
8. Check Other Forums. Search other message boards and discussion groups for information on your topic. Here are our recommendations:
DIS (Disney Information Station) - http://www.disboards.com
Intercot - http://www.intercot.com/discussion
Tagrel - http://www.tagrel.com/forum/
Disney Echo - http://disneyecho.emuck.com/
Disney World Trivia - http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/
WDW Magic.com - http://forums.wdwmagic.com
LaughingPlace.com - http://mb.laughingplace.com/Msgboard.asp
9. Ask More People. Post your question on one or more of those same boards or groups we mention above. Different people have different experiences.
10. Ask Us. Send us an e-mail at jenniferanddave (at) passporter.com. We will do our best to answer you! We do received hundreds of e-mails a day, however, so we can't promise anything. But we will try!
When you do find your answer, we encourage you to post it here in the message boards for others who follow to find. The more you contribute, the more you (and everyone else!) gets out of it.
|About the Author: Jennifer and Dave Marx are the founders of PassPorter Travel Press/MediaMarx, Inc. and the authors of dozens of bestselling books. They live in Ann Arbor, Michigan and frequently travel within the U.S. and abroad.|
Recent Walt Disney World Articles:Read additional articles from PassPorter.com
Harmony Barber Shop at the Magic Kingdom - A Walt Disney World Park Review last updated 03-19-2015
The 2015 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival - A Walt Disney World Event Review last updated 03-19-2015
Family Fashion - Matching Outfits at Disney - A Walt Disney World Planning Article last updated 03-12-2015
Walt Disney World Theme Park Traditions - A Walt Disney World Planning Article last updated 03-12-2015
Planning a Vacation to the Magic Kingdom From the United Kingdom - A Walt Disney World Planning Article last updated 03-05-2015
More Related Links:
Disney + Disabilities = Magic! - Enjoying Disney World with Disabilities last updated 11/07/2008
Saving Money for Disney - Tips and Tricks last updated 2/25/2011
Baby Steps - Six Sanity Savers For Baby's First Trip to Walt Disney World last updated 3/7/2011
Disney Dreaming - Book Excerpt from PassPorter's Walt Disney World last updated 1/16/2009
Walt Disney World for Veteran Visitors - Finding New Things To Do last updated 1/16/2009
View all 1 comments in forum thread Wiimom04 on November 30, 2013 @ 1:43 pm
I love listening to your podcast every week. I agree with boycotting shopping on Thanksgiving evening I am truly disgusted at the greed of these companies. MA has a blue law in which you can't sell liquor on Sundays and they aren't allowed to open retail stores on major holidays but we are very near to NH in which their stores are open. I posted on my Facebook page my anger at what is happening and I must say everyone agreed with me.
I have one question there is a supposed link to respond to the podcasts but when I click on it I am brought to the podcast page and there is no way to link a message to the podcast. How should I respond to the podcast?
So what do you think? Click here to share your comments, feedback, and experiences on this article and topic!
(Note: You must be a member of our PassPorter Message Board Community to leave comments. Join today for free!)
Updated 02/15/07 - Article #375
Subscribe to our free e-mail newsletter, PassPorter News, published for more than 58,000 opt-in subscribers worldwide.
As an added bonus for subscribing, you will receive a 20% discount coupon for the PassPorter Store -- no catch!|
We respect your privacy and never sell or rent our subscriber list. Subscribing will not result
in more spam! We guarantee it.
by PassPorter Travel Press, an imprint of MediaMarx, Inc.
| LEARN MORE|
Learn More With Our Award-Winning Guidebooks|
PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disn...
Discussion forums about Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel provided by PassPorter Travel Press, the ultimate Disney travel guide and book series.
Driving to Disney....
26 Mar 2015 at 6:07pm
What was I thinking? I had asked months ago about the pros and cons of driving from just south of Boston. Well, I decided we'd fly.
Then, the very...
(click title above to view replies)
All Disney all the way!!!
26 Mar 2015 at 1:12am
We are about 30 days out and I chaged it all up!!! Yeah me!!! I have really struggled with the split stay, 4 days at Wyndham and the rest at AOA, I...
(click title above to view replies)
Single at Disney
26 Mar 2015 at 12:03am
I will be traveling with my kids and parents in Sept and although my favorite part of the trip is time with my family it might be nice to leave the...
(click title above to view replies)
Total Visits: 32824