Disney World 101 Quiz - Part 1: What to Know Before You Goby Justine Fellows, PassPorter Guest Contributor
Last modified 08-23-2012
Chances are good that you've been thinking and planning, planning and thinking... about an upcoming Walt Disney World vacation. Or maybe you have a friend or relation with an upcoming Disney trip, who you think doesn't quite get this whole research and planning thing. Well, Justine Fellows, author of PassPorter's Disney Speed Planner e-book, has prepared a series of short, fun quizzes guaranteed to enlighten the uninitiated, reassure the dedicated planner, and entertain us all. Take the quiz and find out how YOU do!
Magic Kingdom - Wishes
Wishes fireworks seen from Main St. in the Magic Kingdom.
1. Before I leave for my vacation I will put a tag of this color on each bag that I'll check at the airport:
2. What are the five most important things to remember when leaving for Disney?
a) Suntan lotion, stroller, paperwork, spritzy fan, bathing suits
b) Cell phones, comfortable shoes, hats, money, luggage
c) Park maps, helpful tips, itinerary, snacks, children
d) All of the above
3. When I arrive at Orlando International Airport, I will make my way to the ____________________________ counter to catch a bus to my resort.
4. My checked luggage will:
a) Need to be picked up and taken to the bus
b) Head straight to the hotel through a magical process, to arrive in my room within 6 hours
5. When checking into the resort I should:
a) Ask lots of questions and annoy those behind me
b) Rush, grab the check-in packet, and head to whatever room they tell me because I'm freaking tired
c) Take my time, make sure the room location is convenient to the buses, make sure I have room keys that reflect the park tickets and dining plan for all adults.
d) Have concierge print-out my dining reservations, and pick up park maps e) Ask for a Hidden Mickey hunt for the kids
f) All of the above except B
6. Check the item(s) that do not exist at a Disney hotel:
A place to buy food
A pin trading station
A store with baby supplies
A teleport to the castle
A Pool Bar
Pack & Play cribs
Bus transportation to the parks
. How many parks are within the Walt Disney World property?
a) One, Magic Kingdom
d) I'm not sure, four, a few water parks, Downtown Disney... Do resorts count?
8. When entering a park, it is important that I get what two pieces of information? _____________________________ __________________________________
9. I should leave the park:
a) Before any signs of meltdown
b) When my itinerary tells me to
c) When the crowds get huge
d) Before my spouse says, "we can totally make it to one more ride"
e) All of the above
10. Where is the best place to be 15 minutes before the fireworks start? ___________________________________
11. Where is the best place to be 30 minutes before the parade starts? ___________________________________
12. What is the best strategy to beat the crowds (circle all that apply):
a) Sleep late and head into the parks around 1 pm
b) Wake up early and get there as the park opens
c) Use FASTPASS
Ready to see how you did? Go to to view the Answer Key, then post on our message boards to share how you did!
About the Author: Justine is the Author of PassPorter's Disney Speed Planner e-book. Rumor has it, Justine's love of Disney World stems from being deprived by her non-Disney parents. Much to their dismay, she has more than made up for it with more than 15 trips under her belt!
Recent Walt Disney World Articles:
Love the quiz!! I think I got most of them correct!
I got them all right except #10. We love watching the fireworks and don't mind the crowds.
I got all but 3 right! I suck at tests so this is HUGE!!!!!!
We have been able to use Fast Passes well after the assigned return time. In fact, we just used them at Disneyland last week for Radiator Springs!
So what do you think? Click here to share your comments, feedback, and experiences on this article and topic!
(Note: You must be a member of our PassPorter Message Board Community to leave comments. Join today for free!)
Updated 08-23-2012 - Article #835
We respect your privacy and never sell or rent our subscriber list.
by PassPorter Travel Press, an imprint of MediaMarx, Inc.